Chapter 1

Seye Nakiri stared up at the blank ceiling, looking pretty much done with everything. The furniture around him looked quite expensive and new, all in black and white, with occasionally different shades of grey. The place was spotless, not even a dust speck visible in any corner. The creak of the front door to the dorm alerted him, his red eyes darting to the black-haired male that was holding the door open, and to the figure that entered.

"Hi." he said bluntly, ignoring how his sister immediately began whining at him.

"Oh come on! I see you after so many months and all you have to say is 'hi'?" Alice complained.

"Hey Kurokiba." he waved, sitting up.

The said male nodded, closing and locking the door behind him. He then proceeded to set down what looked like a bento on the main dining table before coming to join the siblings in the living room.

"What's that?" Seye asked, glancing at Alice.

"Oh, just something I made you." she played off, but it was pretty clear to the two boys in the room that she was really, really excited to make something for him.

"...right." he answered. "How is Erina?"

Alice went still at this, and Kurokiba began to deadpan. Seye, realizing his mistake, quickly tried to change the topic, "Wait, no, how was your day so far?"

"How cruel!" she said, pouting a bit. "I come back from an entire three month trip, a trip without you, and the first thing you ask me about is Erina! Always talking about her! Whyyyyyy...."

"Sorry, sorry." he answered, running his hands through his hair. "How are you? Both of you?"

"I'm great! In fact..."

- - -

Seye dashed through the halls, attracting the attention of those around him. His white hair seemed to bounce as he hurried through, his clothing a mess and whispers following him like his shadow. Several papers were in his hand, the only thing orderly about him at the moment.

He stopped at a set of double doors, patting some dust off of himself with a grunt and tidying himself up before entering the room calmly, as if he hadn't looked like a rabid hooligan a minute ago.

Inside the room was a red-haired male that quickly turned his golden eyes from the dish in front of him to the boy that had just entered, the two engaged in an awkward stare.

"So..." the boy asked, "Did I pass?"

"Wait, what?" Seye asked in complete and utter confusion. "Where's Erina?"

"Oh! She just left." he said. "But um... should I just go now?"

He deadpanned at his response. "No, wait, she was supposed to give a summary of who passed and who failed... But why are you the only one here?"

"The rest of them all left at the start of the exam, something about her God Tongue." he answered.

"I see..." he replied. "Your name then?" Seye was pretty much done at this point, not only was he completely late to his meeting with Kuga, but Erina was also nowhere to be seen. The said girl was pretty on schedule most of the time, especially with her aide, so he could only assume that the male in front of him had something to do with it.

"Soma Yukihira." the redhead, Soma, answered.

Seye nodded, walking up to where his dish was placed. He took a new spoon from one of the cabinets, scooping up some of the furikake. He inserted it into his mouth, taste buds exploding with flavor. He nodded as the Yukihira looked on silently, unsure of what was going on.

Once he took a quick look at his profile, it was pretty clear to the Nakiri that Erina's pride had most likely been injured by Soma's cooking, especially considering that he wasn't exactly from any big name family in the cooking industry, and that had led to some hasty and impulsive decisions on her part. Though, he admitted, he could taste why.

He set down the spoon, calling out to Soma. "Yukihira-san."

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Welcome to Totsuki Culinary Academy."