Chapter 2

Erina Nakiri walked down from the stage with admiring gazes and great applause trailing behind her, entering the white tent half concealed by the stage itself. Inside was a white-haired male, his red eyes settling on her as she entered.

"Seye. It's been a while." she commented, meeting his stare.

"Mhm. Alice told me you've been doing fine." he answered, blinking. "Though, I'm pretty sure that you were supposed to meet me on the day of the test for transfer students."

She blushed in embarrasment at this, quickly replying. "Well, nobody passed anyways, so there was no point in staying and wasting my time."

Seye went still, remembering how he himself had given the pass for Yukihira to attend the Academy. As if on cue, a familiar redhead walked through the fabric, immediately breaking out into a smile and a greeting. "Oh hey, it's you!"

The only female of the three sputtered, disbelieving. "W-what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I transferred. I was worried for a second when you told me it was disgusting, but then Nakiri-san here came in and told me I passed. Man, I'm glad that he came in right after. A bit controversial, though." Soma said.

"I- Seye?!" she turned to the albino.

"Yeah..." he looked away, "I did do that. And Soma, feel free to call me Seye. With multiple Nakiris running around, it should be easier that way."

"Oh, cool. Then please call me Soma!" he answered.

At this point, Erina was far beyond irritated, and walked off with a huff, her aide, who was standing just outside the tent, trailing after her with a couple of words exchanged. The two boys stared after them, exchanging a set of bewildered looks.

"So..." Soma continued, slightly hesitant, "You mentioned multiple Nakiris. Is she your sister?"

"Oh, no. She's my cousin. I do have a sister though. You'll meet her eventually." he answered. "Both are... interesting... once you get to really know them."

The Yukihira hummed in response, nodding slightly. "Right..."

- - -

"Hey Isshiki-senpai." the white-haired male called out to the nearly nude figure tending to some cabbages. The said male had nothing but a pink apron on, which didn't really seem to phase the albino much, as he had encountered the seventh seat with the same attire several times in his middle school years.

"Seye! What brings you of all people here? You moved out of Polar Star a year ago." he replied, standing up and facing him. "And not only that, you should also be in your first class..."

"Oh, I came to give Fumio-san some paperwork regarding the smoke problem yesterday." Seye said. "And besides, I thought I'd visit you guys for a change."

"I see." the older of the two responded. " Let's go then."

He led the way back inside the building, starting up another conversation. "You didn't answer me about your class though."

"Oh, I didn't feel like going." the Nakiri said, making Isshiki deadpan.

"You can't just ditch class whenever you want to..." he sweatdropped.

"You're one to talk." Seye quickly retorted. "I can't remember the last time you actually went to class."

"Fair enough." he sighed.

They walked inside of the kitchen, a gray-haired lady sitting on a chair turning her head to see the two walk in. She blinked in surprise at Seye, not having expected him to come anytime soon. "Seye! What are you doing here?"

This made him groan, "Why does everybody act so surprised to see me..."

Fumio chuckled, still a bit confused. "You still didn't answer my question."

The Nakiri held up a clip of papers, his face blank. "The smoke issue from yesterday."

"Oh, those guys again..." she muttered.

The day before, Ibusaki had been experimenting with some new wood outside, and some pinecones from Sato's questionable pinecone collection had gotten caught up inside the fire. This had led to little sparks flying around everywhere, igniting some crops nearby on fire. It was bad enough at that point, but it only got worse. Some sparks had flown from the crops to the trees outside of the reach of the dormitory. Needless to say, this caught the attention of several students, and they had reported it to Hisako Arato, Erina's aide, who had, in turn, reported this issue to the female Nakiri. She took this as a chance to try and remove Polar Star from the premises of Totsuki, though most of the Elite Ten had rejected this and had settled with paperwork and payment from the residents of the dorms.

When Seye Nakiri had caught wind of this, he volunteered to take the papers to Polar Star, seeing as he was a former resident there. This idea was accepted, and, well, here he was.

Fumio accepted the papers, skimming through the first page briefly before sighing. "I'd better get to it, then. I can already tell that this is going to take a while to do."

Isshiki hummed in agreement, adding on, "And go to class, Seye. It's the first day, give it some time before you ditch."

The said male muttered 'hypocrite' under his breath as he was pushed out of the kitchen and out the front door by the 7th seat.

"Come back and visit again sometime!" he called out with a smile. "And hurry to class!"

"Alright!" he yelled back, jogging back to the main campus. "See you later!"