Chapter 1

As I lay here surrounded by lush green forest littered with acorns from the pine trees and the songs of birds under a setting sun bleeding to death, a gash carved by a sword on my side making it difficult to breathe, blood seeping from the sides of my mouth and nose, I reflect back on the life I've lived and for a long time, I've wished I could've turn back time and fixed my mistakes, for the last part of the life I've lived was never what I wanted but I had to accept it.

My story of love and loss began many years ago, precisely five years ago. It all started when I formed an alliance with a very beautiful blonde to help rescue both our people. Her name was Clarke and she was a young and determined leader, all she wanted was to get her people back from the Maunon. I related to her sentiment because for years, the Mountain Men took my people, turned them into flesh eating savages and drained them of their blood. All was going well when one of her people by the name of Bellamy Blake infiltrated the Mountain Men's bunker and managed to inform us of a missile strike headed our way to TonDC where there was a meeting between my coalition and her people, Skaikru. Clarke wanted to warn us but she couldn't come so her best friend, Raven came to warn us. She gave us just enough time to extricate most of our people from the surrounding area. There were casualties but thank the spirits it was only a small number. In all the chaos to remove our people from the soon to be affected area, Raven and I got lost and ended up in a cave a couple of miles away from the damaged area. I knew instantly the moment I saw her, she was special. There was something about her that called to my inner wolf but in the disorder of moving and trying to save lives, that thought ended up in the back of mind.

However, what happened between us was incredible, that night in the cave even amidst the chaos and destruction, my soul had been at peace in recognizing my mate. It was her. It was Raven and I knew it was her by her scent, the smell of lavender and honey filled my lungs and it became my favorite scent. She was also beautiful even more than Clarke but maybe that's because my heart was racing and beating uncontrollably and my mind was screaming the words, "Mate! Mate!" She had gorgeous, warm brown eyes - soulful eyes, the kind of eyes you could stare all day and get lost in if they let you. Her lips were luscious and all I wanted to do was latch onto them to suck and nibble while granting me access to thrust my tongue into her and taste her sweetness. Adding to her beauty was her body, it was smaller than mines about an inch or two but with supple, elegant curves uniquely omega that called to my alpha.

At first, I didn't want to believe she was my mate, not because it was so but because I thought I had found a mate in Costia but when she was taken from me I thought that I would never find another love. I had given up, but love had not given up on me. It was at this precise moment while staring at her face and my inner alpha instincts telling me I'd found my mate that I realized she was in heat and I was in rut. I had heard of spontaneous heat and rut but never experienced it until now. It happens when both mates find each other and there is an instant and overwhelming attraction. Her omega pheromones were broadcasting to kingdom come trying to get any alpha's attention but I was there, I was her alpha and my pheromones as well we're broadcasting, and she was there, she was my omega. I thought that maybe she would've rejected me seeing as though we barely knew each other, but she didn't. In fact while I was staring at her beauty her mind was telling her I was her mate too. She told me that my scent - pine and fresh rain was intoxicating and beckoning her to submit to her alpha and so, we both submitted to our mate call, that innate knowledge of finding the person that you're going to spend the rest of your life with, the one person that completes you, the one person who alone can make or break you, the one person our mother Selene, the moon goddess made especially for us. And so in that cave we spent three days knowing each other's hearts and souls because that's what we were to each other - our souls.

Our bodies melded into each other, soft lips explored every inch of our bodies, there were sighs, moans and grunts as we became one, sweet whispers poured out of our mouths. Sheathed inside her tight walls, was a religious experience, the tightness in which she milked my cock pulling me deeper into her, hearing her soft moans, lifting her hips as I thrusted into her, her nails scratching at my back and my inner wolf puffing out her chest at the knowledge that it was us giving our omega such pleasure. When I felt my knot started forming I knew I was close and I could feel her climax coming too. I gently pulled out of her and turned her around and she presented for me. My inner wolf howled with happiness in my head at the knowledge that this is our omega, our soul, our mate, the future mother of our pups presenting for us, a silent invitation of her trust in me. And it was with that knowledge that I inserted my knot stretching her walls and tying myself to her. I felt her tremble as she came and bent down, my canines extended as I bit down on her neck, claiming her, tasting her sweet blood filled my mouth. When I retracted my teeth she turned around and bit my neck claiming me as well. I felt the instant connection, our souls becoming one, a bond being formed as we both came.