Chapter 4

A/N

So this the second to last chapter. Five years, so I wanted five chapters.

Here's a chapter of fluff, angst and smut, I hope :) Although, honestly I am not good with smut writing so forgive me if its not up to par with others. Use your imagination :) Hey, at least I tried!

Enjoy and hopefully there are not a lot of grammatical and spelling mistakes! 

I will be posting the last chapter by the end of the week, so until next time guys, enjoy and be safe!

Two days after arriving at Polis, the throne room was filled with all the clan's ambassadors as Wanheda willingly knelt before me. The room was lit with many candles, casting shadows and warm light inside the throne room. Clarke came walking in a beautiful cream coloured dress, warpaint on her face. She was beautifully radiant and I saw the pride on Roan's face as his mate walked towards me. Her claiming bite proudly displayed on her neck. As beautiful and radiant as Clarke was, my mate was the star attraction for me. She was standing beside Abby and Kane. Bellamy stayed back at Arkadia, thank the goddess; I really didn't like the guy but I had to tolerate him.

Even though my mate was simply dressed in black pants and black shirt with her red jacket on, she was stunning, alluring, all encompassing. I couldn't take my eyes off her. As Clarke came towards me, I sneaked glances towards Raven and she noticed. I made sure that she saw I was looking at her - from the tip of her head where she had her hair in a ponytail to the heel of her toes, licking my lips in the process and inhaling deeply. She knew I was doing it to get her attention because there was a light blush on her face and she constantly made eye contact with me and immediately looked away. She was nervous and internally I was smirking. I knew I had an effect on her, well honestly, that was what I was aiming for. I heard the Old Timer clear his throat and mumbled something. I honestly didn't hear; my attention was on my mate. "Hey dumbass! Eyes on front!" he whispered, "You can drool over her after this is over." I lightly growled but nonetheless faced forward in Clarke's direction.

When she arrived a few steps from me, Clarke knelt before me. Roan soon followed and after, everyone else knelt including Skaikru and my mate.

"Hail warriors of the twelve clans!" I said loudly.

"Hail Commander of the blood!" they responded.

"Rise," I said motioning to them. "We welcome Skaikru to our halls in the spirit of friendship and harmony and we welcome Clarke Kom Skaikru, legendary Wanheda, mountain slayer. We are here to initiate them into the coalition, to become the thirteenth clan. To symbolize this union, the leader of Skaikru must bear our mark."

Kane stepped up and raised the sleeve of his shirt.

"Present your arm," I firmly told him as two of my warriors stood beside him with the red, hot iron brand and placed it firmly to his arm. He grunted in pain but remained strong. After it was over, there was a round of applause from the other ambassadors and invited guests.

"Now that we have officially initiated Skaikru as the thirteenth clan into our coalition, let us feast and be merry!" I said nodding my head towards the servers to bring in the food.

Clarke had already joined her clan and Roan was standing proudly beside her. They were holding hands and the looks they received from the ambassadors were definitely going to be the talk around Polis tomorrow and the days to come.

An elegant feast of grilled meat, fresh fruits, steamed vegetables, baked bread and delicious wine was served to all the attendees. It was a wonderful occasion but my eyes kept looking for Raven. At one point when we made eye contact, I had my wine goblet around my lips sipping some of the fermented liquid. I slowly lowered it and licked my lips smirking at her. I saw she gulped and her breath hitched and I am pretty sure my eyes flashed black for a second just as hers did - desire and lust.