Chapter Twenty Four - What Does This Mean?

The sun was in my eyes, waking me up. I stretched my arms over my head and yawned loudly, when I felt how sore I was from the events from the night before. I opened my eyes properly, not seeing Daryl next to me or around me. His shirt was still laying next to me, so I was slightly confused. I stood up and grabbed his shirt, pulling it over the top of me and allowing it to drop mid-thigh.

I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering slightly as the cold air hit me. I walked out to the balcony slowly, seeing Daryl standing over the railing. I smiled at the sight of him, as I walked up behind him quietly and wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against his back. He tensed up slightly upon feeling my touch, but relaxed rather quickly.

'Good morning.' I whispered, as he turned around and pulled me in front of him, wrapping his arms around me from behind. 'What time is it?'

''Bout five. Maybe six.' He replied, tiredly.

'Did you sleep well?' I asked.

'Didn't sleep. I was watching to make sure that piece of shit didn't come up here.'

'Wait, you haven't slept?' I asked, turning around and placing my head on his chest.

'Nah. don't matter.' He replied.

'You need sleep, Daryl.' I scolded.

'It's okay, I can sleep later.' He chuckled. 'Unless you're gonna try and keep me up again.'

I smirked at this. I did have the tendency to lure him into sex whenever I wanted to. But it was something I could tell that he wanted too. I smiled up at him, planting a small kiss on his jaw, before I went back to resting my head on his chest. His hands rubbed my back softly, and I sighed into his embrace.

This was a whole different side of him that I adored. He wasn't shut off, he wasn't cold. It's like he trusted me and only me. He wasn't awkward, he was completely protective. He was even protective in front of the group, whether he realised or not. I smiled at myself, knowing I was lucky to have him around.

'Daryl.' I spoke.

'Evie.' he retorted.

'What does this mean?' I asked. 'I mean, this?' I pointed between us.

'Dunno. Guess I'm around until you wanna fuck me again.' he replied, coldly.

'Hey. That's not what I want. I want you, Daryl.' I replied, backing up from him.

'Why would you want me?' He laughed.

'Because you want me, too.' I replied, and he dropped his head down to look at his feet. 'I'm gonna be here, when you want me, when you don't want me. All you gotta do is say so. I'm yours, always.'

He looked back up at me, smirking slightly. I held the same serious expression until he grabbed me by the shirt and yanked me towards him, kissing me hard. I stood on the tips of my toes as his arms wrapped around my waist, and my hands ran through his hair. I broke the kiss and looked at him, he nodded slightly.

'So? What's this mean?' I asked again.

'That I'm yours too.' He smiled, making me giggle.

We broke apart and I went inside the tower, needing to change into my own clothes. I slipped off Daryl's shirt, and began placing my own clothes back on. I tied my hair up, considering it was a mess from last night. I passed Daryl his shirt and he slipped it on. I turned and smiled at him as we descended the stairs. I walked outside, stretching again when I felt my legs hurting. Oh God, I was walking strangely.

Daryl came up behind me and put his hand on my back, looking at me with concern. I laughed loudly, enough for him to look at me strangely. I put my hands on my knees as I attempted to push for my legs to stretch, but all I could feel was my sore muscles.

'You fucked me that hard that I'm sore.' I laughed.

'I'm sorry.' He spoke, sincerely.

'Hey, no. I loved every second of it. Completely worth it.' I smiled, making him smile back.

As we walked back into the prison, we made our distance between each other, not wanting the group to make any comments about our newfound relationship. Rick looked confused, as he and Glenn walked up to us.

'Where have you been?' he smirked.

'Slept in the tower. Couldn't be near that asshole, Tomas. Daryl and I took turns on watch.' I lied.

'All night?' Rick smiled.

'That's what she said.' Daryl replied.

I rolled my eyes at the situation, knowing that Rick already knew what was going on. I walked into our cell block, seeing that Hershel was finally awake. I smiled and gave him a small wave. Beth was at his side, smiling back at me. Daryl came up behind me, putting his hand on my waist softly and pulling me away. I looked at him confusedly, and he got closer to me.

'Rick just told me, they killed him last night. Two other of the prisoners are dead, only two left and they're in another cell block.' I looked at Daryl in shock.

'Tomas is dead?' Daryl nodded. 'Thank God.' I breathed out.

At least I could finally sleep in my own bed.