episode 1 🌙 chapter 1

hollywood 1995

(tw - suicide)

lena

And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never
It's now or never (now or never)

I play the last note on my guitar and wipe my head with my sweater (outfit at top) as Alex gives us one last light cymbal crash.

"Whoo!" I hear one waitress cheer along with a few other members of the Orpheum staff.

"Thank you were Sunset Curve," Reg says and then winks at the waitress.

"Too bad we wasted that on the soundcheck that was the tightest we've ever played!" Bobby says. "Wait until tonight man, when this place gets packed with record execs!" Luke says practically jumping with excitement. "It's gonna be amazing!" I agreed.

"Alex, Lena! You guys were smoking!" Reggie exclaims. "Thanks!" I say while Alex denies his talent again. "No I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire." "Lexi, bud just admit it," I say while putting an arm on his shoulder, "you were AMAZING!" He considers my words for a moment before agreeing. "All right, I was killing it!" "Atta boy!" I say and give my blonde best friend a hug. "Ok I'm thinking y'all should fuel up before the show," I say looking at the boys who have become my family, "what are you gonna get?" "Street dogs!" Luke says. "Yes!" Alex says. Street dogs weren't my favorite, I preferred tacos from one of those carts, so I was glad I was gonna check out the light and sound board in the back.

We all hop off the stage and the boys start walking towards the exit while I walk backstage. But Bobby, walks over to the waitress. "Hey Bobby! Where you going?" Luke asks.

"I'm good," he says to Luke and then turns to the waitress, " Vegetarian. I could never hurt an animal." I inwardly roll my eyes as we walk his way, I've heard him say that one many  times before.

"You guys are really good," she says, ignoring Bobby's previous comment.

"Thank you," Luke and I say at the same time, proud of ourselves.

"I've seen a lot of bands," she continues, "been in a couple myself, I was really feeling it."

"That's what we do this for, I'm Luke by the way." Her says taking a step closer to the girl.
"I'm his twin sister, Lena." I say.
"Hi I'm Reggie," the raven haired boy says.
"Alex."
"Bobby," the last boy says, positioning himself in front of Luke.
"Nice meeting you guys," she says. Then Luke licks his finger and puts it in Bobby's ear. Ew! Teenage boys are disgusting. I asked myself for the third time that week why I hung out with them. Because I don't have any other friends. duh.

"I'm Rose."

"Oh uh, here's our demo," Reggie says, "and a T-shirt, size beautiful." Wow ok that was very smooth Reginald. "I- umm just ignore them," I say to Rose, gesturing to Bobby, Reggie, and Luke. "And stick with me and Lexi." I say.

She grins at me and holds the t-shirt up to herself, where it is clearly too big but smiles anyways. "Thanks!" She says, sounding genuine, and putts the T-shirt over here shoulder. "I'll make sure not to wipe the tables down with this one."

"Oh, good call," the blonde boy, says, "whenever they get wet, they just kinda fall apart in your hands..."

"Don't you guys have to get hot dogs?" Bobby asks, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah," Luke says pushing Bobby away, "he had a hamburger for lunch."

Reggie swats Bobby on the shoulder playfully before skipping away.

I shoot Bobby a "don't fuck up" look as I head to the back.

🌙15 minutes later🌙

The boys were late. Bobby and I waited nervously backstage. "Where the hell could they be?" I asked, worried. It doesn't take that long to eat a hotdog.

"Maybe they got caught up with some fans." Bobby says, trying to make me feel better.

Suddenly we hear sirens and people shouting. "How did this happen?!?" "Oh my God is that-" "This is terrible!" Bobby and I rush outside and see three strechers being loaded on to an ambulance. On the strechers are... Luke, Alex, and Reggie?

No. No. No. This isn't happening. I rush up to one of the paramedics and ask, "What happened?!? Will they be alright?!?" She looks at me and then at Luke coming to the conclusion that we're related. "We don't know what happened yet. I'm so sorry miss but I don't think your brother and his friends are going to make it." "No. No." I'm in hysterics at this point. I'm full on sobbing. I feel Bobby come and give me a hug. "It should've been me. I should've stopped them. " I whisper into his neck.

"No, Lena, there was nothing you could've done. They're in a better place now."

"I suggested they should get food. It's all my fault."

I pull away from the hug and run into the Orpheum and grab my bag (picture at top) I run to the women's bathroom and lock the door behind me.

I take a razor out of my bag and whisper to myself "It's all my fault."

I bring the razor up to my neck.

There are several reasons I wanted to die.

1. I was gay. I was so fucking gay. I wanted to come out to my parents but after what happened with Alex I decided it would be safer if I didn't. I had a sinking feeling that they wouldn't have accepted me anyway. Alex was the only one who knew. I knew Reggie couldn't keep a secret for the life of him. And if I told Luke I knew he'd want me to tell Mom and Dad. And with Bobby, we just weren't that close.

I put the razor on to my skin.

2. After Luke and I ran away I simply stated losing the will to live. I don't know why I just lost it.

I push the razor into my neck.

3. Barely anyone liked me or wanted to be friends with me after middle school. I don't know why. They just turned on me. Then Luke invited me to join Sunset Curve and everyone assumed I was a slut because I was the only girl.

I bring the razor down against my skin and feel my life slipping away. I press harder. Then my parents lost both their children that night.

a/n
damn that was dark i wasn't going to have her kill herself at first but I also didn't want her to get hit by a car because i feel like that's happened a lot in other stories. please vote and comment!
luv ya babes
-zaggie💖
1097 words