5

𝗡𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗲| 𝟮:𝟰𝟱 𝗽𝗺

𝟮 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

"Lani you been locked up in here since I last saw you 2 weeks ago please open the door?" Zenaida said from the other side of my locked door.

"She's not gonna come out, it's useless." I heard my mom say before I heard footsteps distancing away.

Since the incident with johnathan I decided to distance myself from everybody around me, I didn't feel the need to talk to anybody or anything I was just fed up with a lot.

"Stop jiggling my door knob." I mumbled moving my pillow off my face dragging myself out the bed.

"Finally- oh no.. you and this room is a mess." She said looking around my room, I had papers everywhere, clothes, junk..

"Hello to you too." I said walking back over to my bed sitting down.

"Hey my only friend who ghosted me for 2 weeks without any notice." She said sarcastically before sitting in my swing.

"I had an anxiety attack and just needed a break that's all." I said partially lying.

"You saw johnathan didn't you?" She asked and I nodded watching her shake her head.

"what happened?"

"He came here and we talked in the living room, I told him I didn't feel the same and allat other shit and telling him how I felt and he really just brushed it off- he kinda boasted about beating my ass too, he pulled the "Why didn't you leave" card and everything and it was just yea. then he choked me cause i didn't say i loved him back." I ranted sighing

"And you can save the i told you so shit cause I already knew I just wanted to believe something else but im gone start putting myself before everything."

"..."

I cleared my throat at her silence and scratched the back of my head.

"I'm tryna figure out whether I should kill him now or later." She said and i shook my head.

"I'm glad you're willing to leave him alone tho, you know your worth and it wasn't healthy being with him- and I wasn't gone say I told you so cause I already knew what it was, I've never been in your position but I've had some flaws with elmo as you know."

I sat quietly looking down at my hands before sighing thinking back at the news I got back at the hospital the day of the incident.

• flash back •

"Hey how are you feeling ms.pierce?" The tall white lady said coming in the room with a clip board taking a seat by the bed side.

"I'm fine, I just have to use the bathroom." I said and she nodded.

I climbed out the bed holding my lower stomach as I walked to the bathroom squatting down over the toilet. sitting on toilets in public is disgusting.

I wiped before standing up completely washing my hands in the sink and ripping a piece of paper towel off the roll before I flicked the light off