Tails?

(Reader's P.O.V.)

We've been searching for at least 3 days. Yesterday was the festival and surprise, the princess gets kidnapped by Eggman. On the plus side that helped Jasper prove our innocence to the rest of Chaotix. Now they're trying to find the timekeeper too. Apparently, he didn't pay his bill for hiring them. "Still no luck. Just where does a guy like that run off to anyway?" Vector clutches his head in confusion. "We're not doing any better and we've been searching longer." Mephiles groans as he leans on a nearby streetlamp. Out of the corner of my eye, I see two tails. There's only one fox I know with two tails and maybe he'll help us search. I pause for a moment. I remember Silver saying the timekeeper looks exactly like Tails but with different eyes. It's possible he's the same two-tailed fox I saw in the graveyard. Maybe I should follow him just to be sure. That person I just saw could either be Tails or the timekeeper. Better keep my guard up just in case.

(???'s P.O.V.)

Oh? She's following me now? The heroine is following me now? How curious. It seems curiosity is about to kill the (C/T). But perhaps I should see how it plays out first. I turn down an alleyway with a dead end and stop. She stops too. She seems to be on her guard. He taught her well I see. If only he didn't get in my way, then he'd still be here and she wouldn't be getting in my way too. "It seems you like sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, (Y/N)."