When Your Past Haunts You

Thanks for reading! Comments are encouraged, welcomed and gratefully accepted!

Words: 1,931

_________

Blue, flashing lights beam out around them. Morgan sighs and claps a hand on Reid's shoulder when red lights join them. "I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose."

Spencer turns away from looking at his hurt shoulder and towards his friend, eyebrows furrowing. He thinks he's getting hurt on purpose? Why would he ever-? Derek chooses that moment to nod towards the paramedics climbing out of the ambulance.

Devyn makes her way over to them when a cop directs her. Her lips turn up when she's sure neither of them is seriously injured. She can see Spencer holding his right arm but he looks fine otherwise.

"And what seems to be the problem?" She questions, gaze switching between them.

"Pretty boy here hurt himself," Derek gestures to Reid, and the younger man ducks his head. Humming, Devyn walks around to stand on his injured sighs and gently surveys his arm.

"Your shoulder is dislocated," She states simply.

"That would explain it."

"What?" Morgan questions Spencer's words with a confused expression.

"Why it feels like my shoulder is dislocated." Devyn snorts and shakes her head.

"Alright, smarty, let's go," She places a light hand on his back and nudges him towards the ambulance. "You know, technically I'm supposed to take you to the hospital, let a nurse or someone pop this back it, give you a sling," Devyn tells him after guiding him to sit down on the gurney. "But honestly, it's super simple, I have a sling in here. It'll save you a lot of trouble and me a lot of paperwork. If you want I can do it."

Spencer holds back a shrug, knowing it would only hurt. "I won't tell if you don't."

"Oh, my, Agent Reid," Devyn gasps as if scandalized.

"Actually it's doctor," Spencer shakes his head to himself after the words leave his mouth. Why did he say that?

"Is it now?" Devyn asks. "I apologize, Dr. Reid." Spencer's lips twitch up to match her smile before he winces in pain from moving his shoulder. "I can give you something for the pain."

"No," Spencer answers a little too quickly and he winces again for a whole other reason. "Uh, no, I'm fine." He says again after clearing his throat, much more calmly.

"Alright," Devyn thankfully doesn't bring it up but there is an odd look in her eye. Spencer doesn't get the chance to determine what it is before it's gone. "You ready? It'll hurt before it feels better."

Biting his lips, Spencer nods as Devyn moves to sit behind him. "On three," She says while gently grabbing his arm, slowly moving it into the right position. "One-" Devyn doesn't bother counting to three before popping Spencer's shoulder back in place. "Sorry." She apologizes with a grimace when Spencer groans in pain. "Here, this will help." She grabs the sling and places it over his shoulder, helping him maneuvers his arm into his.

After securing his limb, Devyn looks up and meets his eyes, their faces close together. "We have to stop meeting like this." She jokes with a laugh and Spencer does the same, though it's a little more strained.

"Alright," Devyn sighs a sits back down on the bench across from him. "No heavy lifting, playing any sports, or any stressful movements to the shoulder for at least three months. Wear the sling for a couple of weeks, give or take, just because your shoulder stops hurting doesn't mean you can take it off."