Sweet And Savory

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! It means so much, please don't stop!

This is a cute chapter but there's more hints towards whatever is going on with Devyn. But I'm afraid it might only leave you guys more confused. I guess it can be a test of your detective skills. Let me know what you think is going on!

Words: 1,440

_______________

Removing her bags from her shoulder, Devyn places them into the trunk of her car before closing it. Her hand rests on the deep blue of the classic mustang for a moment before she rushes around and climbs into the driver's seat.

Excitement runs through her but anxiety battles to destroy the happy feelings. She couldn't be more thrilled about this trip with Spencer but she can't help but think about all the ways it could go wrong. She really likes the older man, but this relationship is new. There's so much untraveled on ground around them. So much he doesn't know about her...

Shaking her head, Devyn forces herself to focus on the road ahead. And not just the one she's driving on.

Spencer's apartment building comes into view a little while later. The couple decided that Devyn would go home the night before, stay at her place, and pack to get ready. Now she's here to pick him up for their road trip.

When Devyn sees Spencer walking towards her car, she grins at him and climbs out to meet him before opening the trunk for his own bag.

"I was thinking we stop for snacks before we really get going." She tells him when they both enter the car. "Because it's a road trip, you need snacks for a road trip, right?"

"Definitely." Spencer nods and smiles over at her.

Devyn chooses a little gas station she frequently visits to get snacks. Spencer follows behind her, lips permanently turned up into a smile as he follows her through the aisles of the small store.

Spencer himself goes for sweet treats while Devyn finds more savory snacks.

Back on the road again, the couple switch between both their music tastes after every song. Spencer is new to the ones Devyn shows him but he finds he doesn't mind them. Especially when she sings along.

Devyn herself has never been on a road trip. Not like this anyway. So she's trying her best to enjoy every second. They listen to music for a while, they talk about random things, she asks Spencer about facts. They both come up with little games to play and enjoy the passing scenery.

They take breaks along the way to use the bathroom or stretch their legs. Spencer is sure to tell her how important it is to move around after sitting still for so long. Devyn is sure to take many pictures along the way.

"It's so cute," Devyn observes when she pulls up to the little bed and breakfast. It wouldn't be something she'd normally see herself doing but when planning their getaway, it seemed too good to pass up. This trip is about resting, after all. She takes a deep breath when they exit the car and closes her eyes.

Spencer smiles at Devyn while opening the trunk. They haven't been here a few minutes and she already looks more relaxed than he's ever seen her. He grabs both of their bags, even though Devyn offers to carry her own, and they enter the building.

"We have a reservation under Reid," Devyn bounds up towards the front desk and tells the elderly lady who nods and looks through her records.

"Yes, right here," Humming, the grey-haired lady grabs a key and hands it to Devyn. "Room number three. Breakfast is served from six to ten, enjoy your stay."