_.two

The first stance

»»————-  ————-««

"...but then, BOOM, Finn was slammed on the ground. Just like that !"
Peter was holding his face in terror, his mouth loosely hanging. Y/n always appreciated the way he'd live every story he told, the way he felt so vividly anything he was experiencing. Peter was a refreshing boy, and Y/n was happy he considered her as a friend.

"Shadis is scary sometimes." Y/n agreed. "But what did Finn do ?"

Peter shrugged. "What do you think he did ?"

"Don't tell me... again ?!" Y/n gasped, astonished by Finn's will of iron.

"Yep, he tried to sneak into the kitchens."

Y/n facepalmed, as Peter opened the door to the cafeteria for her.

"Did he at least succee--"

The girl waiting for them behind the door didn't even let them the chance to process her actions for she already grabbed a chunk of both their hair in each of her hands, towering over them both, making them face her with a look that would make a grown man have a heart attack.

Y/n and Peter exchanged looks, aware of what was coming at them.

"Didn't you two forget something this morning ?" the girl with glasses growled at them.

"What ?" Y/n nonchalantly asked. Peter's jaw dropped at Y/n response and put his hands on his ears in anticipation of what was coming next.

"ME ! YOU FORGOT ME ! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO TO THE MAIN GATE TOGETHER." Y/n and Peter's ears were ringing as the girl yelled at them.

Peter started playing with his fingers nervously. "Well, it's not actually exactly how it happened..." he faintly whispered, hoping she wouldn't catch that.

"Huh ?" the girl frowned, sounding like a thug.

"I tried to wake you up but you..."

"I what ? Huh ?" the girl was inches from his face, looking at him from up close.

"Well, you certainly dozed off again Raven." Y/n said nonchalantly. You could see Raven's dark skin turn slightly rosy on her cheeks in embarrassment.

"T'is not true..." she stuttered.

"There, there." Y/n patted her friend on the back. "Let's get in, I'm hungry."

The three friends entered the lively cafeteria, quickly getting in line to get their lunch. The smell of leek soup and fresh baked potato filled the room and Y/n's nostrils. She was more than happy with the meals they would get in the Training corps, unlike her two friends who were used to more refined dishes. However, Y/n came from the Underground, and she was used to stale bread and barely edible leftovers she'd found around which made leek soup and fresh bread priceless for her.

"Raven, guess what Y/n did this morning." Peter chirped.

Raven readjusted her glasses on her nose. "What did she do again?"

"Again..." repeated Y/n in a sigh, rolling her eyes.

"I'm starting to think you were born sassy." chuckled Peter.

Y/n answered with a shrug and a playful smile while Raven tugged at Peter's shirt's hem.

"What did she do ?" Raven pressed impatiently.

"She stopped the whole procession by getting in the middle of the road."

Raven glared at Y/n, whom turned her gaze away, pretending not to be concerned by the discussion. Raven shook her head.