_.four

Forgotten feelings

»»-----  -----««

Levi didn't know why he was accompanying Y/n to the dorms. She could very well handle grabbing her things and move them here, by herself. Deep down, he didn't want to be alone. The fiasco that had been the expedition he just came back from was weighing on him. Somehow, Y/n managed to make him forget about it long enough for him to come to his senses. He didn't have the luxury to be depressed over the past.

"How am I going to graduate in 6 months ?" Y/n broke the long silence between them.

"Painfully." Levi said in a flat tone.

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed. She was still pondering why Levi asked Erwin to save her. He clearly said I was a burden, she thought to herself.

When they arrived at the dorms, people glanced at them. Y/n had her head low, she didn't want to see the fear in the eyes of her comrades because of what she did. As for Levi, he didn't care, and was walking his head straight up.

"Where do you sleep?" he asked.

Y/n led him to where she slept, and found Peter sitting on her bed.

"Peter...?"

Eyes widened by the sound of her voice, Peter bolted off her bed to pull her into his embrace.

"I was so worried." he whispered as he held her tight.

This was the first time Y/n was being held like this. Her whole body tensed up, and she found herself lacking air.

"I--"

"Y/n." Levi's cold voice snapped them out of their moment.

Peter was taken aback by the Captain's presence. Why was he here ?

"Captain !" Peter saluted, breaking his embrace with Y/n.

Levi's stare was murderous, and it was set on Peter.

Y/n was blushing, packing her things. A foreign sensation ran through her body. She had forgotten what tenderness was, and she just found out again in Peter's strong arms.

"Hurry up." Levi pressed Y/n, still looking straight at Peter.

"Yes." she replied obediently. She was used to her savior's rude behavior so much it became normal for her.

However, Peter clicked his tongue.

"I'll help you." he gently said to Y/n. He started to help her pack.

"Are you expelled ?" he asked, worried

Her lips drew a smile. "I'm not."

"Then whe--"

"Not your business. Stay at your place, trainee." Levi cut sharply. The boy started to get on his nerves, making his fingers tingle at the idea of punching him. Still, he did nothing wrong. Levi had no rational explanation for his urge of punching him in the face.

Maybe it's his stupid face, Levi thought as he huffed.

Where Y/n was finally done packing, she glanced around.

"Where is Raven ?" she asked.

Peter shrugged, and without leaving him the time to speak, Levi pulled Y/n to him, seizing her arm.

"Ain't got all day, brat." he said with disdain.

The fact that Y/n smiled when he did that, destabilized Peter. He didn't understand why someone would even smile when being bullied like this. It upset him, and he started to think that what happened, with Y/n stopping Levi's carriage, was far from a coincidence. No matter how rude Levi acted with her, you could clearly see they were closer than one would think. Peter was left frowning, as Levi and Y/n left the dorms, together.