Complicated

Society have lots of names for people, things like me; monsters, witches, ghosts, shape shifters. I try to block all the hate out and tell myself I'm just doing what I need to survive. Everyone does it. Well strictly to survive, you need to be alive... Which I'm not. As listed above, I am technically a ghost. But not a white sheet, spooky noises, haunting ghost. I'm more stuck between two lives. I died 37 years ago, when I got hit by a bus at the young age of 15, on my walk home from school. I always thought that when you died, that was it. No afterlife, heaven, reincarnation. Just dead. But when it was my turn to die, I found out that death is very unpredictable. I didn't deserve to die, and death surprisingly is pretty sympathetic. Of course I couldn't be reincarnated, so death gave me a half life. It means that I can swap places with someone that is the same age as me. So I get to see their life, friends, school, and I get to grow up and do all the stuff that dying stopped me from doing. But unfortunately it's not that simple, yes I do swap with people, and for 23 hours it's pure bliss to be able to live a normal life. But in the last hour of the day I have to find another person to swap bodies with. That's right death me a permanent, walking, talking Cinderella. I have until midnight everyday to find another body or me and the person I am currently swapped with will be condemned to a life of death. It's like I'm on a contract. I would explain it better, but well... It's complicated.

Don't worry, the chapters will get bigger! This chapter was written by devoncat1, and I would greatly appreciate if you would check out my account and read some of my stories! Thank you- sophrach-the-monkey and devoncat1 😜