☀️eighteen

(time skip to wednesday)

"hyuka!!"

"tyuni!!!!!"

he presses his hand against my forehead

"how are you, are you alright, you're not sick are you? oh no i hope you're not sick"

"hm? no, no, i'm not sick!"

"why weren't you here yesterday then?"

"i was sleeping,"

seeing his face suddenly made something feel off and my heart dropped for a second

then he puts on a fake smile

and you know what?

i'll take it, i'm not in the mood to explain myself

"sleep is important, sleep is important" he repeats quietly to me and i give him a tight smile in response.

luckily though, the awkward tension is lifted when the rest join us.

"how are the two loooooveebirds today?" soobin teases

"quite well, how was your maths homework bitch?" hyuka replies

"maths and i are in a complicated relationship but recently we've been polying with calculator and our relationship has been great ever since!" soobin smiles triumphantly making us all laugh.

i look up at hyuka to watch him laugh.

pretty.

the moment is cut short by the familiar chime of class time.

"let's go?"

"sure!"

we walk to our next class which is history, in case anyone has forgotten, a veryyyy boring class! (a/n: sorry @rain_mono it is what it is 🙏🙏🙏💤)

luckily hyuka and i slip into class unnoticed, heading to our assigned seats.

the history teacher enters, clapping enthusiastically;

"project time kids!!! and i chose the partners!"

cue a collective groan.

i start crossing my fingers under my desk, i am NOT doing this project with any non-hyukas, and i am NOT catching hyuka with any non-me s!!!

as i squeeze my fingers tight, it appears that luck is seriously on my side as she calls out our names together AND the other students are too tired to take any notice, double win!

"you will all get time to complete the projects during class, but, i also expect work to be done after school, so if you happen to be enemies with your partner, don't fight me, just be glad that you're getting to live an enemies to lovers fic in real life, and who pushed you together? me!"

even though history sucks ass, i'll admit that the teacher is great, she's quite a legend honestly.

after class hyuka and i decide to plan together.

"we should do it at yours," hyuka begins

"why mine? it's just a small apartment, it won't be that comfy, and yeonjun hyung is there too, why would you do that to yourself when we can do it in the comfort of your home?"

i watch as hyuka fumbles to find the right words

"i just like it better and i think that's enough,"

and so it's sorted.