[Natsukashii]

"Maybe you can Y/N something useful, hmm?"-------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe you can Y/N
something useful, hmm?"
-------------------------------------------------------

The dreaded day has finally came. Saturday doesn't sound good at all for me today. I washed my dishes after eating a simple breakfast. "There better not be any drama tonight." I sighed to myself while staring at the window that showed countless of taller buildings.

"Hey, we should visit grandpa and grandma soon! I miss them very much."

"I miss them too! Grandma must be excited to see me."

"Don't be so full of yourself now. I'm the favourite grandchild here!"

"In your dreams!"

Where did things go wrong? No, everything was wrong from the start to begin with. Nothing was right and nothing was perfect. Our childhood was full of pretending and acting. Before I can even remember the rest, my phone dinged from the counter.

1st brother:

Don't forget to dress politely tonight. Mother invited my fiancee as well.

I seen the text and switched off my phone. Of course it won't be a 'family' dinner. Still, his fiancee isn't family yet. I sat on the couch and grabbed the tv remote. Ding dong!

"Eh?" I stood up and walked to the door. Through the peeping hole, I saw a delivery man. I opened the door and got greeted with a fresh smell of flowers. "Are you Y/N?" I nodded. The man smiled and handed a bouquet of red tulips. "I'm assuming your boyfriend gave you this, miss." I cocked my eyebrows and gazed at the man.

"Why do you think so?" He flashed another hearty smile. "Tulips means declaration of love." I scoffed and thought at the only person who would dare to send me this. Na Jaemin.
"Pretty sure it's a love for friendship." "Think it throughly, miss. You never know." I closed the door and stared at the red tulips, a gentle smile forming on my lips. (wow that ryhmed ;) )

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

The time shows 6:30 PM. "I should go and get ready." My body got up involuntarily from my comfortable position. Lulu gave me puppy eyes, signalling me to not go but if I don't get ready by now, I won't make it by 8 PM.

I checked my outfit one last time in the mirror and brush my hair

I checked my outfit one last time in the mirror and brush my hair. "There's no need to impress them so much." I talked to myself with an irritated voice. "Lulu, take care of our apartment okay?" I ruffled Lulu's head and wore my shoes. "Let's get this hell started."

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

An hour of my driving journey has ended as soon as I see the tall silver gate not far away from my sight. Do I have a driving license? Yes, I do. The camera attached to the front gate scanned the car's number plate and let out a small accepted sound. The gate opened automatically just enough to fit my car.

"It's been a very long time, hasn't it? This place hasn't change one bit." I mumbled and parked beside Jihoon's car. Am I the last person to arrive? Damn right I am. I got out of the car and locked it using the keys. "Welcome home, young lady Y/N." The butler greeted me with his head straight and body stiff.

I slightly nodded and entered the mansion which I loath. Home, my ass. The living room is bright meaning there is people there. "Y/N noona?" Minjoon's voice broke the silence in the atmosphere. All eyes turned to me in an instance with mixed expressions. I stayed silent and sat the farthest from everyone.

There's no denying, do I miss my brothers? Of course I do. It's been 5 years since we met, back then I was 13. Minjoon looks grown up now and if I'm not mistaken, he's 14 this year. Jihoon is much more taller than before. I noticed the elephant in the room, Minjoo. Yeonwoo's fiancee.

"It's been a long time, my daughter. How have you been?" Father turned to me with a blank expression. "Good." I crossed both of my legs together and stared at Minjoo."Let's get this dinner done with. She looks uncomfortable already being here." Yeonwoo shot me an alarming look.

"Y/N, respect our guest. Minjoo cleared her schedule tonight to eat with us, right sweetie?" Mother stroke her back softly with a smile plastered on her face. Minjoo nodded shyly and leaned into her touch. I gripped onto my bag and looked away.

"Let's go to the kitchen." Father announced and got up first. Jihoon approached beside me as we walk to the kitchen. "Nice to meet you again, little sis." He pat my head. I bit my lip and hummed as an answer. The feeling of longing, it's still there isn't it?

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

We ate in silence. Only the sound of utensils moving was heard in the air. "So Minjoo, are you excited for your wedding? We welcome you warmly in the family." Mother started the conversation with a glass of wine in her delicate hands.

"Oh, excited is an understatement, maam. I'm psyched for our marriage." She squeezed Yeonwoo's free hand tightly which he returned immediately. "Honey, call me mother. You're going to be apart of our family soon so why with the formal pronouns." She laughed gracefully as if there's nothing wrong.

"Maybe you can Y/N something useful, hmm?" My heart clenched in pain. Useful, huh? Minjoon noticed a slight change between my cold expression. "I heard Y/N noona got many awards as the best student." Father shot me a hint of proudness.

"That's nothing new, Minjoo received the top student award from a top university in Korea. Right, Minjoo? You should be like her, Y/N."

She nodded once again with a happy smile. It feels like shit, honestly. Am I really that useless? I could sense my breathing becoming unstable. "You know what, I'm done eating so I will be heading home this instance. Thank you for wasting my time and congratulations on your engagement, Yeonwoo and Minjoo unnie."

I stood up and stormed out the place I once called 'home'. The butler looked startled by my presence and quickly passes me my keys from his jacket. I saw Yeonwoo running from inside the mansion but I started the car and drove off. Warm tears start to stream down my cold cheeks.

My mind was hazy and messy. I couldn't think straight, all that I could think is just breaking down. One person, I need someone to hold me right now. It's been a while since I cried, since I broke down. There was only one person I could think of right now. I drove straight to my desired destination and ran out.

I ignored the nurses that were saying visiting time has ended. My feet stepped into the lift and closed the door. I opened the door and ran straight into his warm embrace. I'm glad you aren't asleep yet, Na Jaemin.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
JAEMIN's POV:

I still haven't sleep yet. My eyes won't close, I wonder why? My body is still not tired even though I used a lot of energy today. I smiled to myself while trying to imagine her reaction after receiving those flowers.

Suddenly, my door opened and a familiar figure ran at me, into my embrace. My eyes widened as I confirm who was it. "Y/N? Y/N why are you crying?!" Her arms wrap around me tightly. My heartbeat almost stop, witnessing her in such a broke state.

"Please, just this once." She cried, wet tears stained my bare neck. I stroke her hair and kissed her head gently. "Y/N, calm down, I'm here, I won't leave." She starts to hiccup and I could feel her energy drain out of her body. "Just hold me close this once, Jae, please."

"I'll hold you close as many times as you want. I'll hold you forever, if you wish, princess."

not gonna lie, I almost teared up writing this chapter :)