Chapter 5

The pouring rain as if God has turned his buckets down, occasional thunders at the far end of the sky, dark thick clouds covering heavens are clear indicators of the arrival of the rainy season. What's unique in the dog shelter is that there are dogs who like to holler back at thunders, and the usual noisy building gets boisterous.

"It's a losing game fighting the heavens," Yunho mutters at the daring dogs. "Don't you get tired of trying?"

The rainy season makes Yunho gloomy too. Not because of the depressing weather per se, but more because of not being able to jog outside with the dogs (dogs equally affected), which means he's stuck in the building with no excuse of dodging the paper works. Depressing weather, stressed dogs and Yunho, but Hongjoong seems to look happier. And maybe that should be enough.

Not being able to go out for a walk also meant not being able to see San. Taking a longer way to grab coffees for him and Hongjoong (because he needs a break from glaring at numbers and letters on paper once in a while even under torrential rain), passing by San's shop, Yunho notices that he has more days closed than usual. It doesn't even have to be a Thursday for him to see the door hanging with the 'closed' sign.

Yunho grabs his phone and texts San (after a slight contemplation of whether he is being too nosy) to ask if everything is okay. San explains that he gets migraines on rainy days, and he assures Yunho he's fine. But when he starts seeing that sign more and more, Yunho worries if he is really fine; eating well, drinking well, living well. He is new to the town, and he probably didn't have anyone that could look after him, and maybe Yunho could help as a friend. Then Yunho guesses he's probably crossing a line of what a friend of two months could do, and he doesn't even know his house, so he fends off the idea.

"I saw San the other day," a voice knocks Yunho out of his train of thoughts.

"When? Where?"

"Yesterday, near my house," Hongjoong replies, flipping the paper in a file like he's tired of it, and Yunho can't blame him.

Yesterday was a Thursday, and San must not have been in the shop anyways. Hongjoong lives in a quiet residential area near a stream that goes by the name of Mangyang street, which is not far from this place, a ten minute ride on a bike.

"Near your house?"

"Yeah, I was passing by and I saw San, probably out of his apartment building considering what he was wearing, hugging someone."

Oh.

"A guy with red hair."

Oh.

"Do you know him?"

Yunho knows that San is a florist, that he likes dogs, that he moved from Seoul, that he is kind and friendly, that he smiles radiantly with two lines of dimples besides his curve, that he likes spice, that he likes two sugars in his cinnamon latte. But that is pretty much all he knows about San, and he realises that he basically doesn't know the man.

"No."

"Oh well, they looked kinda close."

Yeah they would be. Seeing off in front of San's apartment, bidding farewell by hugging? If it's not a family figure (since he moved here) or a friend (even Yunho who believes is one of the earliest friends San has got in the town, will be awkward with that intimacy), then who else could it be?

Maybe Yunho needn't worry about San's migraine, because he really is fine with someone taking care of him. And that should be a comforting thought, but Yunho feels a bug inside. It is buzzing inside, and it is as unpleasant as dogs howling at thunders.

A/N: 

Double update to compensate for the shortness!