Lupus

Disclaimer I do not own PJO or HoO the only thing I own is Lupus and made-up characters, and the plot.

A/N Please leave a comment and a like if you have enjoyed the story or have any suggestions!

A/N Due to being part human, Lupus will physically grow much slower than a wolf and will age at the same rate a human does. However, he will be able to communicate and understand information at a faster rate than a human.

"Dialogue"
'Used when using hatred or spiteful or panicked thoughts'
'Thoughts'
"Shouting"
"Elongating words"
Sound effects

Seven months later...

Lupus's POV

   "Mom... Will you play with me? Please?" I wine while poking her snout with my paw. Mom then used her paws to tuck me back onto her stomach and yawns, "Lupus, just go back to sleep, it's not even noon yet..." "But I'm bored..." I say continuing in my attempt to wake up mom. Mom then bites my scruff, stands up, and starts carrying me outside. "Wait! What are you doing!" I yell as I start to panic. Mom then sets me down in the snow, curls her lip in a smile, and states, "Unless you want to come back into the den and sleep, like me, you are going to stay out here." My eyes widen at this and I yelp, "But... But it is the middle of winter, I'll freeze." Mom then starts walking back into the den and says, "Too bad." 'I was just bored...' After a few more minutes I was covered in snow and shivering uncontrollably. 'I-I guess I could go back to sleep with Mother.' I stand up slowly and start making my way back to the den. When I reach the entrance, I shake off any snow that was clinging to my fur and pad back to where my mom was sleeping. I then quietly lie down and snuggled against mom. She instinctively curled around me and I was soon lulled to sleep.

As I gain consciousness, I feel something wet lapping my stomach. When I open my eyes I see a chocolate red snout and I instantly realize what was going on. "Mom! What are you doing!?" I yell as I scramble away from her grasp. In a matter-of-fact tone, she replies, "You smelt bad so I was giving you a bath." Mom then pulls me back over to her and starts washing me again. This time I just groan, but I let her continue to wash me. When mom heard my groan though, she curls her lips into a smile. At this, my instincts are like, 'Uh-oh...' Mom leans forward and starts to lap roughly behind my left ear causing me to emit a low growl and I lean into the licks. My back-right leg starts to twitch from the attention my ear is receiving. After a few more minutes, mom stops licking me and says grinning, "Now that wasn't so bad now was it." Although I knew that she wasn't asking I chose to respond with a, "I guess not." Eventually, I decided to ask mom, "When will you teach me how to hunt?" Mom lets out a sigh and says, "Lupus, we already discussed this. I told you that I will not start teaching you how to hunt for another eleven months, okay?" "Yes, mom," I grumble in annoyance. "Can we please play now mom?!" I asked jumping up and down full of excitement. "I suppose we can," Mom says before leaping towards me, giving a playful growl. Let's just say that when we were done, I was very tired and had to take a very long nap.

Lupa's POV

As I watched my pup sleep I started to think of how proud I am of my son. He was nothing like his father. Lupus was kind, playful, and loyal. If not a little stubborn. 'Hopefully, I won't have to tell him about his father anytime soon.' At that thought, I shiver. I soon decided that I should hunt some food so that we can eat when my little wolf wakes up. As I exit our den, I am greeted with a meadow and trees that are glistening from the melting snow. When I sniff the air to see if I could pick up any sents, I smelt a doe nearby. As I stalk through the forest following the sent, I spot it. I sneak as close as I can to it with my large size and lunge. Biting it in the rear, I drag it onto the ground. I quickly grip the doe's neck in my mouth feeling and tasting the blood as it soaked my fangs. I then swiftly snap its neck in a sickening crunch. I let go of its neck and whisper my thanks for its sacrifice. Finally, I pick the deer back up with my mouth and drag it to the den.

When I arrive, I see that Lupus is still fast asleep. So, I nuzzle him and say, "My little wolf, you need to get up, it is time to eat." He then yawns and stands up slowly. After our meal, I start making my way to the moss that we sleep on. Before I make it there though I hear Lupus quietly ask, "Mom?" I turn around to see Lupus gazing at the ground with his tail over his front paws. I walk back to him and twitch my right ear as a way to ask 'what?' He then asks me the question that I was hoping I would not have to answer for a much, much longer time, "What happened to dad?" I freeze for a few minutes before deciding what to say. I then decide to tell him the truth, "Lu-Lupus, y-your father was... Is a, well, not a good person. He was... is very mean to his pack and hurts them if they disobey. I am one of his biggest enemies. He was attempting to have a pup that he deemed strong enough to take over his pack if he was to be slain. So he... He forced me to have a pup with him." Lupus lowers his head with sadness in his eyes and asked a question that broke my heart,  "S-So you never wanted me?" I instantly pull him into a tight embrace and say reassuringly, "I may not have wanted to have pups, but now, I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. Okay." My pup then sobs a 'thank you' and an 'I love you' before glaring and stating, "If I ever meet father, I am going to send him to Tartarus for hurting mommy." and falls asleep. I then pick him up by the scruff and lay him down on the moss curling protectively around him.