Beginnings

I still couldn't believe it. I made it to the high school of my dreams. All of my life of acting I have trained for this one singular moment.

Today was the day that I enter Hope's Peak high school. This high school was made only for the ultimates of each talent. Only the best of the best were able to make it to the school, and I was somehow lucky enough to be one of them.

Standing outside the high school now filled me with butterflies, as I will be able to meet all the other ultimates very soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to play my ukulele for them, and maybe learn somehow to do some of the things that they can do as well.

I'm filled with so much excitement. All the most popular ones are here. We have Mondo Owada, the ultimate biker gang leader. He has known all around the country for being the most popular and the best biker gang leader in the entire world.

And Celestia Ludenberg, the ultimate gambler. She is known for being so clever and good at gambling that she has taken the life savings of many men and walked away laughing while doing it.

And we even have the ultimate pop sensation, Sayaka Maizono! I have been listening to her music for about a year and a half now, and am super excited to meet her in person. I take a few steps forward inside the school, and follow the mini map I was given to find my class. Once I step in...

I actually don't remember what happened then.

...

'Oh, my head...' I think to myself. What happened? I lift my head up and look around. I'm in a classroom, but no one else is in it with me. Strange...

Next to the blackboard at the front of the class, there's a television. The school is funded pretty highly, so it's not really much of a surprise that their televisions in each classroom. I look down on the desk that I just lifted my head from, and there is a letter with my name on it. I open it and it says to meet in the front hall as soon as you can.

Upon arriving at the gym, I see a slew of other ultimate students in the gym waiting for me. They're all dressed very well. I should probably be dressed up a little better instead of just jeans and a hoodie. I look around and immediately recognize a few of them. I have a feeling that the school year will be the best school year of my entire life.

I begin by talking to the tall guy with bold eyebrows.

"I'm Kiyotaka Ishimaru. I believe in bold simplicity! Let's work together on our educational crusade."

So that's Kiyotaka. According to what I saw about him on that thread... He went to a famous private school and won top honours every year. He's basically a flawless honour student... He's also known for the work he's done with his community's Public Morals Committee. They say he respects rules above all else, earning him the title of Ultimate Moral Compass.

"Anyway, you can call me Taka. You said your name was Joyu Arukimasu, right? That's a good name, a strong name! You should thank your parents for giving you such an excellent name. And to keep that name from losing its value, you must devote yourself every single day! Life is worth putting every ounce of effort into it! Right? Right!"

This guy is...kind of annoying.

I move on to the girl with long braids and pretty glasses

"N-not that you'll remember my n-name anyway, but... I'm T-Toko... Toko Fukawa."

Yeah, she wrote a novel when she was ten that got everyone talking and launched her literary career. Then two years ago she released "So Lingers the Ocean'', a love story said to be her masterpiece. The book was such a hit with women that fishermen quickly shot to the top of every "Hottest Men" poll.