1

He was freaking out. The alley, first of all, smelled horrible, there was blood spattered on the walls, second of all, and there were four people, two on each side, cornering him with guns pointed at him, last of all.

"You're an awful long way from home, little boy," one of them said in a gruff, menacing voice. "What brings you to this side of nowhere?"

"I don't know what I'm doing here or how I got here," he said. He couldn't remember anything, well, nothing substantial. He was around 17 years old. He could remember the war. He fought on the side of WCKD. The letters were branded on the base of his left wrist.

And his name. Newt.

Then...other names. Minho. Gally. Alby. He knew those people.

He didn't know where they were.

He needed to find them.

"He's with WCKD," another one of the others said, nodding at Newt's wrist. He leveled his gun at the boy. "Let's just finish him off and go home. I'm ready to be done."

Newt looked between them, his brain running at a thousand miles an hour. He could disarm one in seven seconds, he knew. How he knew and how he could, he didn't know. 

However, after he disarmed the first, he could either shoot the rest of them or scale the wall. The latter would probably result in him getting shot, though the former would be much more violent. 

He'd much rather get out mostly unscathed rather than get shot and fall off a wall. 

With that decided in a total of three seconds - he was feeling completely insane at the moment - he jumped at the man with the gun leveled at him, grabbing it and jumping, swinging his legs around and twisting the weapon out of his opponent's hands. He landed behind the man and without a second thought aimed the gun and fired off a shot at the second man. He got him straight in the chest, knocking him hard into the wall from the shot. 

Newt turned to the other two and fired at them in a similar manner before they could react. They collapsed on the ground, weapons clacking on the ground. 

Then the boy realized what he had just done. 

He lowered the gun, his grip loosening on it. The man he'd stolen the gun from stayed where he was on the ground, turning his head slightly to look at Newt. "What are you?" he asked. "Some sort of super soldier? I've heard WCKD's been conducting some insane experiments on kids like you." 

"Be quiet," Newt said, aiming the gun at the man. He needed to think. He could remember the other boys' names, but he had no clue where to start looking for them. 

"Alright, where am I?" he asked the man a moment later. 

"Behind enemy lines, boy. You shouldn't be here if you're with WCKD." 

"I didn't ask for your bloody opinion now, did I? Am I the only one you've seen?" 

"Only what? Teenage boy with WCKD branded on his wrist? So far."

"Do you have communications with others on your side?" 

"'Course I do. What is this, the stone age?"

"Stop with the stupid commentary and just answer the questions I ask you, simply." He nudged the man's shoulder with the gun. "Turn around and sit against the wall." Said man hesitated but a sharp jostle from the gun got him moving. He did as he was told, glaring up at Newt. "Give me your communication's device." 

"It's not a walkie talkie, kid, if that's what you're wanting." 

"Fine. Then tap into your comm system and say exactly what I tell you to say."