Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Have I met a Pervert?!

When Xia Caixi dragged an extra bulky and heavy suitcase out of the car, it was already 8:30 AM, half an hour before the sophomores started to report.

She gasped out of exhaustion and turned back to urge her mother, "Hurry up!"

Seconds later, Ms. Li, stepping on her shiny high heels, squeezed out of the crowd at the exit. She anxiously raised her hand to block the blazing sunlight. "It's too hot! Caixi, take out your umbrella."

Caixi glanced angrily at Mrs. Li, "Can't you see how busy I am with the luggage? How can you be so inconsiderate!"

Caixi often doubt whether Mrs. Li was indeed her biological mother, depsite how alike they look. On the other hand, since Mrs. Li was extraordinary at maintaining her looks, the mother and daughter actually looked more like sisters in strangers eyes.

They would often receive comments like such when Mrs. Li took Caixi to school back in the days, "Sending your little sister to school?"

"Yes, for sure." Mrs. Li was always more than pleased to receive this remarks. She would never bother to resolve the misundertandings.

"You two are both really beautiful!"

"Thats too kind of you." Mrs. Li was born with the most enchanting black eyes, which flickered  at such moments, while her cheeks took on a light rosy tone. Her charisma was always fascinating to men.

Caixi's father passed away in the early years, and Caixi did not have chance to gain a deep impression to him. The only memory she had of her dad derived from those emotionless photos at his funeral. She also knew that her parents' marriage did not receive any blessings from their families, as they were rarely in contact with their relatives. Her grandfather's funeral was the only family gathering she ever attended, during which time Caixi looked at the unfamiliar somber faces of each one present. She realized that she did not know any of her relatives, and she felt absolutely no connection with them.

Their pick-up car already had arrived when Caixi pulled out her umbrella.

The scenes along side the highway quickly flashed before Caixi's eyes, reminding her that she had finally returned City A after ten years.

Ms. Li had always told Caixi how the city bore both of her best and worst memories. Yet Caixi never comprehended her mother's emotions very well. In fact she was too young to even remember what happened.

Caixi only knew that she moved back to study in the province's most reowned high school. Which located in City A. From there, she would proceed and matriculate in a prestigious university and then find a job with handsome sallaries. Then she would buy a house, a car, and live together with her mother. Together they would enjoy their enviable and luxurious life.

Yet, the first step to these goals did not set up well. Caixi was running late for her new-student registration. Her understanding of the schools strigment rules was only adding her anxiety, as she knew that students with three recorded tardies would be publicly comdemmed infront of their classmates.

Once she arrived, Caixi hurriedly changed into her school uniform and washed her face by a damaged sink. She grabbed her backpack and ran to the gate. She did not hear her mother yelling from behind her, "Caixi, my ID is in your bag!"

'Even the air feel fresher in a highly reputable institution like such', Caixi thought to herself.

As soon as she walked into entrance, her sleepiness was utterly gone and replaced by the intense academic atmosphere. The sun passed through the tree tops and cassed a dapple light shadow on the ground. Suddenly, the hot summer seemed less tiresome.