20 | THE END OF IT ALL

//

[Jasper] On your right.

Nova's heart skipped a beat or two as the words sunk in. She faintly heard Alice squealing in excitement. With a frantically pounding heart and an overflow of emotions building up within her, Nova turned to her right.

She thought she knew what to expect. After all, she had already seen pictures and even a video of Jasper before, but they were almost dull in comparison to the real Jasper. Which was saying quite a lot, because every image taken of Jasper looked like it came straight out of a professional photoshoot.

Nova stared as she soaked in the view of Jasper standing right in front of her. He was deadly gorgeous - pun definitely intended - with honey blond tresses and dark, murky eyes glinting with hope and excitement and maybe something entirely too soft for Nova to comprehend. He was built leanly but with muscle packed onto his frame. He was clearly a good half foot taller than Nova, at the very least.

Damn, good thing Edweirdo wasn't here or he'd be horrified by all the sinful thoughts running through her brain.

"Jazz," Nova managed to say, not even embarrassed by the tone of awe in her voice.

"Nova," Jasper responded.

Just when she thought he couldn't get any more perfect, he had to use his voice.

The vampire added, "I'm sorry, I know we said we'd take things slower, but I had to see you."

Nova almost laughed. "By all means, do more than seeing. I'm down."

Jasper smiled amusedly, stepping closer hesitantly. Nova knew this could end badly, with lethal consequences, but she couldn't find it in herself to care. So she switched her phone off and stuffed it in her back pocket.

She rushed forward, knowing that her speed was no match for a vampire's and Jasper could move away if he so desired. She half-expected him to do so, so when he didn't, she breathed a sigh of relief as her arms came up to wrap around him.

Despite seeming hesitant and cautious previously, Jasper didn't waste any time reciprocating the hug. His arms lifted to embrace her, spreading warmth in Nova's chest in contrast to the vampire's cold body temperature.

Nova had waited so long for this moment. She felt as if a lifetime had passed since they first began texting. Now, here she stood, embracing the man she had fallen in love with.

"If you ever let go of me, I will find some way to kill you," Nova mumbled.

Jasper huffed an amused breath. "I wouldn't worry about that."

//

[Nova] hey jazz?

[Jasper] Yes?

[Nova] i love u

[Jasper] I love you too.
[Jasper] Any particular reason you're texting me this instead of saying it out loud? We're right next to each other.

[Nova] i thought u'd learn by now not to question my antics

[Jasper] If you're too busy texting me we can't kiss.

[Nova] ...

[Jasper] I see you blushing.

[Nova] U SHUT UR MOUTH

[Jasper] <3

[Nova] omg i love u. ur using text talk kind of omg <3

[Jasper] I've learned from the best.

//

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Author's Note: AND THATS A WRAP

wow only took me nearly 3 years i think???? LMFAO sorry. also i wanted to write a kissing scene but i felt like it'd take Jasper some time to convince himself he wouldn't hurt Nova by losing control, and i just want this story done with, so yeah. feel free to imagine them kissing but i didn't write it LOL

anyways. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who supported me and this story! it means the world to me <3 i feel like i've shared so many laughs with you guys and i'm just super happy y'all have enjoyed this. again, thank you.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

STORY STARTED: May 9th, 2018

STORY FINISHED: January 24th, 2021

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

//

BONUS:

[Nova] jazz.
[Nova] i can hear u.

[Jasper] Hear what?

[Nova] UR SINGING COWBOY CASANOVA IN THE SHOWER
[Nova] what was that loud noise
[Nova] jazz????
[Nova] GKHSJHSGJK
[Nova] DID U JUST DROP UR PHONE IN THE SHOWER

Jasper's voice called from the bathroom; "You have no proof!"

"Then text me back, Casanova!"

"..."

Nova laughed.

//