1. A New Best Friend?

A new first year at Fukurodani Academy, that's what I was. My brand new uniform was fairly nice although the shortness of the skirt was something I would have to get used to. I liked the light grey and white of the shirt and blazer but I especially liked the light blue colour of my tie seeing as blue is actually one of my favourite colours. Well, blue and f/c.

"Hi Y/N!" 

Turning around at the sound of my name, I noticed my best friend running through the hallway toward me at an alarming speed. 

"Hi B/F/N. Why were you running in the hall?" I greeted her quietly once she had caught up to me.

You see, I'm pretty shy for the most part. I dislike large crowds and I get super nervous when meeting new people. It's not like I don't want to meet new people and make more friends but I get so worried about saying the wrong thing that I usually end up not saying anything.

"Oh come now, don't look so scared N/N! This is a fresh start for us, a chance to be exactly who we want to be!" My best friend of three years exclaimed excitedly, stretching her arms and ignoring my question. 

She played soccer in middle school which is also how we met. No, I don't have any brothers or sisters that played and no, I didn't play either. I had been minding my own business walking past the soccer field on my way home when I got hit in the head by a flying ball. Yes, B/F/N had been the one to kick that ball. To everyone's surprise, we had been inseparable ever since. 

"Yes I know but please, keep it down. People are staring," I said as I felt multiple eyes on me. I shivered.

She just waved me off and kept talking. Shaking my head at the brunette, I placed my sneakers inside of my small locker and then closed the door. 

"Alright we have to go to class so hush and help me find the classroom," I motioned to the schedule I held in my hand and gave her a pointed look.

"Fine fine Ms. Bossy-Pants," She sighed.

I gave her a 'really man?' look and she giggled.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Let me see, class 1-B should be this way," She pointed to our left and grabbed my elbow, beginning to pull me along. 

Sighing to myself I let it happen. It wouldn't help if I resisted and besides, we were going to the same place anyway so what was the harm? I realized a bit too late what exactly the harm was and that I would be the one to get the brunt of it.

*CRASH* 

I fell to the floor, my binders and textbooks scattering everywhere. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes as I felt a burst of sharp pain in my left ankle. I must have landed on it wrong when I fell.

"Oh my god! I am so so so sorry! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" A boy with spiked up white and black hair spoke quickly. He seemed to be completely panicking.

I shook my head, not trusting myself to speak. Having to hold back a sob as I tried to stand up, I immediately sat back down. A tear escaped and I quickly wiped it away before anyone noticed it fall.

"AHH! No! Let me help you," He jumped into action, gathering all of my belongings and putting them back into my bag as B/F/N helped me up.

Once I was standing, I tried putting some of my weight on my ankle but thought against it when I hissed in pain. What a way to start my first day of high school.

The tall boy held my bag and looked down at me with wide, pleading eyes. 

"Please forgive me and allow me to make it up to you! I will take you to the nurse and then walk you to class as an upperclassman should!"