3. Bokuto and Akaashi

A few weeks passed and my ankle was finally healed. The only negative aftereffect was a bit of stiffness from lack of use. My new friends had been extremely helpful during school while I struggled to get from room to room and - embarrassingly enough - to the bathroom. It was kind of humiliating to continuously ask for help and I often ignored the offers my friends gave me when it got to be too much. I had to try to keep my independence and dignity of course.

My aunt had freaked out when I got home from that first day. She asked me too many questions for it to possibly be normal and only after she was completely satisfied with my answers and called the doctor, did she finally ask what I thought of my new school. 

~ Flashback ~

"So? How's the new school? Please tell me you made at least one new friend. B/F/N is great and all but you need variety so she doesn't drive you mad!" My aunt, Aika L/N spoke quickly after finally calming down some. She's not one for breathing while talking. 

Aunt Aika is my dad's younger sister. They originally come from Japan but moved to London when Ai was very young so she has a bit of an English accent when she speaks. Certain Japanese words sound quite funny when she says them because of it.

I giggled and looked her right in the eyes, something I actually haven't done in months due to a certain incident with my mom, "Actually Ai, I made a couple new friends. Bokuto-san, Kaida-chan, and I think the entire boys volleyball team." I scratched my cheek slightly as I waited for her reaction.

She stared at me, her eyes sparkling behind the round glasses she wore. "Really?! Oh my goodness this is better than I could have hoped for! Oh my sweet niece is finally coming out of her shell! I am so proud of you my Buttercup," My aunt gushed, her cheeks flushing a pale pink with happiness. Did she have any hope for me before today?   

I groaned, "Didn't I ask you to stop using that embarrassing nickname? I'm not a little kid anymore." I facepalmed. She came up with the name when I was little and had brought her a tiny bouquet of buttercups from our backyard, she hasn't let it go since. 

"Now now, that's all the more reason to use the name! Don't want you growing up too fast," She winked at me and then walked to the counter to grab her car keys. "Let's get you to the doctor Buttercup!" 

~ End of Flashback ~

Being at Fukurodani was definitely not going the way I expected. But I think liked it better this way. I was surprised to find that I had things to look forward to and people I could call my friends. But even so, there were still some negatives to my new life at the school but what school wouldn't have bad things about it?  

It was a Saturday and I was laying on my four poster bed with the curtains hiding me from view when my phone rang, the name that popped up read Bo, which had a yellow heart before and after his name. We had been nearly inseparable since that first day we met. He walked me to class in the morning, I ate lunch with the volleyball club and my friends, and then I went to all of his volleyball practices. He was very insistent on being my friend and I was trying to accept it as best I could. 

"Hi Bo-kun! What's up?" I answered my phone with a small smile.

"Hey Princess! How would you like to come to my house?" Bokuto had started calling me Princess a week or so ago when he was at my house. We were watching a Disney movie and he insisted that I was so cool that I just had to be a princess. 

"Right now? I suppose I could. Any particular reason?" I twirled a strand of my hair between my fingers.

"Ummm.... no! No reason at all. Just come over right now! See you soon bye!"  He said quickly and hung up.