Chapter 2

A couple weeks have gone by and not much changed I woke up at 12am I decided to go to the lake and guess who else was there Ulric I sat next to him and sighed he tensed then realized it was just me and he relaxed I looked at the sky there was a moment of silence "Why are you out here anyways?" Ulric asked "I couldn't sleep I'm still getting used to my new home." I said I soon realized what I said 'shit' he gave me a confused look, "What-" "Forget I said anything!" I said then I stood up and turned to walk away but he grabbed my wrist, "Tell me what you meant." He demanded I sighed and yanked my wrist away sitting back down by the lake, "I'm a foster child I never had real parents, then Emily's mom adopted me and I'm trying to get used to having a permanent home....." Ulric sat next to me again I sighed "No matter how hard I try I cant brush off the feeling that they're going to abandon me..... just like every other foster parent I've had." I looked at out reflections in the water and took a breath.

"Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if... if I just had a normal childhood" Ulric looked at me and sighed he pulled me in a hug, I blushed at the sudden movement then Ulric spoke, "Not. A word." I nodded and leaned into him, his breath hitched then he calmed down I caught a glimpse of blush and I smiled I pulled out my phone and checked the time 12:30am I put my phone down I reached up and pet Ulric's ear he stiffened for a moment then relaxed into it my eyelids began to grow heavy and I yawned he blushed a bit. I stood up and began to walk back home but Ulric grabbed my wrist I turned slightly and he let go, "What?" I asked he stayed silent, "Never mind." I shrugged and went back home.

The next day after school

I was with Emily and her friends when the sky turned a purpleish-black color and Ulric was there holding his book absorbing negativity Emily and her friends changed into their glitter forms and after a minute so did I, we defeated the buffoon and got another charm I was tired I was also the only member of the Glitter Force that could fly and I was flying so I began to pass out  and I started falling then before it blacked out some one caught me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I woke up near the lake to see Ulric looking down at me he seemed relieved I noticed it was night I sat up realizing I was still Glitter Beats I sighed and took the charm out of my headphones transforming back to me I put the charm in my pocket Ulric hugged me I was surprised but smiled and hugged back he pulled away and looked me in the eyes there was a moment of silence that was later interrupted by Emily and her friends running towards us Ulric picked me up. "Hang on." He whispered to me I did as he said and as soon as Emily and her friends got near us he flew away from there to the clearing where I first became a member of the Glitter Force and he set me down and we both sat down Ulric looked like he was thinking about something he looked at me and sighed, "Why do you make me feel this way..." he mumbled I blushed knowing what he meant he noticed my blush. "Fuck, was that out loud?" He said I nodded he blushed there was a moment of silence then he did something I didn't expect he kissed me I stiffened for a minute then melted into it he seemed slightly surprised I kissed back but he wasn't complaining we stayed like that for a minute then pulled away I panted and blushed the I heard more footsteps. "Will they ever just leave us alone?" I whispered I heard Emily's voice. "Let my sister go!" That was it I've been pushed to my limit I'm no ones sister or daughter I will never accept the fact that I've been adopted permanently I'll never have a real sister I grabbed my charm and stood up the charm began glowing and I absorbed it my eyes began glowing I looked at Emily and her friends. "I am not you sister! Never have been! Never will be!" I began to levitate my hands glowed as if to charge an attack they were I there already in there glitter forms they fired an attack at me I used my attack and the beams fought they almost got to me several times I shot back and they were on the ground hurt a little they were back to their normal forms they all passed out I teleported them back to their houses my hands and eyes stopped glowing and my glitter charm unfused and was back in my hand I almost fell Ulric caught me (again) "How did you do that?" I heard him say, "I-I don't know." I said falling asleep, "If you fall asleep I'll throw you in the lake." He said I tried my best to stay awake but failed.