chapter 4

After yesterday you and Harry went to your dorms and didn't speak of what happened with Draco. You've been thinking about it all night and you're ready to tell Harry how you feel but at the same time you're not ready for the change yet you're not sure if your friendship with Harry will ever go back to "normal" after playing pretend for so long.

———————————-

You head to the astronomy tower because Harry sent you an owl letting you know that he wanted to meet up.

"You wanted to see me?" You say to Harry as you walk towards him.

"Y/n.. i think this is over." He says to you with a  straight face

Your heart drops. You feel empty for a split second as if your soul has left your body until you snap back into reality and realize that you and Harry were never really together. It was all a lie.

"Wait what-" You say as you snap out of your thoughts

"Uh- the plan." Harry replies to you with a laugh

"Oh right!" You reply with an awkward laugh
"What do you mean though?" You add.

"Draco seems interested in you now soo.. the plan worked." Harry says with a sigh

"Oh yeah- right.." You say looking to the floor

You clear your throat and look at Harry.
"Thanks for helping me.. you're um.. a great friend."

It felt like a stabbing pain to your heart when you called him your friend because in reality you wish he was much more than just your friend who helped you get something that you no longer want.

"Anything for you.. to be happy, y/n." Harry replies

Before he can say anything else and before it could get anymore awkward.. you hug him. You jump into his arms and hold him tighter than ever, he does the same. It felt like heaven being in his arms. It felt like real love but in this case it's a bad romance. As you pull away from each-other you can't help but feel that you're losing an opportunity right in front of you. You are but there's nothing you can do about it because Harry doesn't feel the same towards you.

"You mean so much to me." You say to him softly with a smile.

He returns the smile and says "As do you to me, y/n."

You clear your throat and say "See you later, then?"

"Of course" He responds with a smile.

You walk off and can't help but feel tears forming in your eyes. You quickly rush off to an empty hall and take a seat at the bottom of the stairs.

You continue to cry softly and try to figure out if maybe giving Draco a chance isn't so bad after all.. it will help get over Harry and you'll be able to have him as a friend again without it being awkward.

You hear footsteps coming from behind you so you quickly wipe the tears from your face.

"The hell happened to you?" the voice says

You turn around and see Draco.

"Nothing, you can keep walking.." You reply back to him

He rolls his eyes and says "Sure didn't sound like nothing.."

"What-" He cuts you off and adds "Where's Harry?"

"What's it to you?" You spat

"Because he's your boyfriend-" He scoffs but you quickly shut that down and say "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Oh so that's why you're a mess right now." He says then adds "I'll be back"
He walks off.

Before you can even comprehend and process what Draco just said to you.
You stand up and follow him to see what the hell he was on about.

You follow him back and hide behind the wall.

"What's your problem?" Draco shouts at Harry

"What are you on about, Malfoy?" Harry shouts back at him

"Then explain what you did to y/n!" Draco spats

"All we did was break up-" Harry spats back

"No.. There's more to it. What did you do?!?!" Draco continues to shout

You've had enough of the screaming between them and you get in the middle.

"STOP. That's enough! You're both literal idiots." You scream at them both

"Whatever." Draco spats as he starts to walk off

"Where are you going?" You call out to him

"Being the bigger person and walking away instead of rearranging his face." Draco shouts back as he walks away.

You roll your eyes and let Draco walk off.

Before you can say anything to Harry, Ron comes running towards you two after watching what happened and says "What just happened??"

You scoff "It doesn't even matter anymore.. I'll see you two around."

Before they can even say anything, you walk off and ignore Harry when he calls out for you.

—————————————-
Harry's pov:

"Malfoy got in your head, didn't he?" Ron scoffs at me

"I-" i stutter

"You're an idiot." Ron mutters

"But she likes him!" I scream at Ron

"Yet she was crying over you!" Ron screams back at me

"Wait what.." I say softly

Ron laughs and says "I saw your little breakup and i followed her.. She was pretty hurt."

I facepalm myself in the face and shake my head. "How could i be so stupid?!?" I say to myself

"Love makes you do stupid shit." Ron says as he puts a hand on my shoulder

"Indeed it does.." I say as i put my head down

"Go get your girl, Harry." Ron says to me
and I look up at him and smile.

I hurry and run to find y/n.

"God those two are so in love that it's gross.." Ron says as Harry runs off.