6

"Can I kiss you?" The words slipped past my lips along with my breath. I didn't intend to ask, but now the question was out. I stood there like a moron while he stared at me, blinking his doll like eyes.

"How?"

It took me by surprise, certainly. I was expecting him to laugh or ridicule my request but he didn't.

I hadn't expected such response so like a child I blushed and simply shrugged.

He looked at me so intensely that I felt the need to run. I didn't though because there was a glimpse of curiosity in me that was dying to know what he would do next.

"Come here," he whispered, beckoning me closer to the mirror.

I stepped towards him with my fist clenched tight, scared of my own frantic heart.

I stood only millimetres away from the mirror and I could almost feel his warmth. I stared at his eyes, amazed by the depth that surfaced through our proximity.

Like staring down into a hollow pit. His eyes were lifeless but threateningly beautiful. It made me shiver.

I guess it was weird, leaning in towards a mirror, but somehow it just felt right. When the coolness of the glass met my lips, I felt awfully shy, like his lips were really on mine.
I pulled back in seconds with my heart beating wild and saw him with a blush and a smile.
And I guess it was that that made me go mad because I leaned in for a second trial.