0-2 | CHAPTER II.

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

✤✤✤

THE FOLLOWING DAY had been but a regular routine for (Y/N). The warm blaze of the morning sun beat heavily upon the girl's shoulders. As usual, she blissfully made her way over to what appeared to be a Daifuku bakery. Though her life was unusual and confusing in many ways, she could always count on the pleasant scent of rice cakes and chocolate to save the day. 

Baking had always been one of (Y/N)'s passions. As knights wore their metal gear and unsheathed their swords as symbols of strength; baking was more the girl's forte. Her trusty spatula her sword and her apron, well, her metal gear. The flow of formulating such tasty, warm treats brought a cheeky smile to her face. 

From as little as 6 years old, (Y/N) often peered curiously into the kitchen, watching quietly as her grandparents cut strawberries and created mochi for the New Years. On the side, neat rows of  baked and perfected ichigo daifuku sat aptly on porcelain plates. Her grandfather smiled and picked the little girl up, placing her securely on his shoulders. 

"These are for New Years, but I don't think baasan will mind if you take one, hmm?" The man let out a chuckle. His hands grabbed one of the finished daifuku, and let (Y/N) take hold of it. It was a rather small portion, its translucent white exterior displaying a preview of its contents. Enchanted by the soft, sweet smell of the dessert, she stuffed the delicacy into her mouth. 

Wow! The child's eyes lit up in awe, flavors of strawberry and anko danced around in her mouth. You could even compare it to like a warm, fuzzy hug; a wholesome picnic at the park on a tranquil Sunday afternoon. Though she would only get to taste these desserts on special occasions, she was certain that daifuku was her favorite (especially the matcha and ichigo flavors). 

As a result, (Y/N) set her life goal to work at a Daifuku bakery. The idea of serving others with these luscious goodies made her heart flutter with joy. Best of all, it need not be a special occasion whatsoever! She could sell as many on any day to her hearts desire. Of course, as long as the store was open. 

The bakery was bustling with life, people of all ages in line for a chance to try the colorful range of daifuku. (Y/N) politely worked her way around the maze of people to the back of the bakery, the place the public did not get to see.

Most people don't think about the effort put into products. Of course, being born into such a materialistic, greedy society, who would? People pay their money, get what they want, and simply wave their hand at any actual work put into it. While some find the work ethic mundane and dull, (Y/N) had always been the opposite. In fact, she felt that the behind the scenes was the best part. The blood, sweat and tears put into things you love is the pure bliss of it all. That's what makes things worth doing

Though, the back of the bakery could use some renovations. Beige concrete walls set a large contrast to the stormy gray floor beneath the girl's feet. Dressing into her work uniform, she inhaled the cold, damp atmosphere of the workers' closet. (Y/N) scrunched her nose at the smell. Her manager could care less about what was growing inside the a/c of the closet, as long as the customers weren't complaining. Maybe if she actually showed up to work more than twice a week, she'd realize how gross this is. In a hurry to get out of the bland room, she quickly turned the doorknob and walked back into the lively working area. 

"Hey, could you take over for me? I've been dying to get out of this uniform and rest my feet, it'll only be 15 I promise!" (Y/N)'s eyes met with her co-worker, who's name was Aiko. (Y/N) let out a soft smile and nodded, earning a chirp from Aiko and a pat on the shoulder. She rushed fervently out of the rowdy bakery, heading to the back to change out of her uniform. At this point in time, any thoughts or worries about her "visions" had completely subsided; her mind set on serving her customers and making sure they were content. 

While she prepared more daifuku for serving to the next wave of customers, the sound of a bell rang throughout the bakery. Someone had walked in. 

"Welcome! I'll be right with you!" (Y/N) chirped, rolling mochi and carefully preparing strawberries for her next batch. She grabbed one of the trays with small balls of rice cakes. White, translucent orbs of tastiness waiting to be served. The girl set the tray inside a steamer, immediately making her way over to the customer. 

Up until this moment, (Y/N)'s life would soon change forever.

"i care for you still and i will forever
that was my part of the deal, honest
we got so familiar
spending each day of the year, white ferrari"

✤✤✤

// AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi! i know it's kind of annoying to have a lot of notes, but this will (hopefully) be the last one you'll see in a few chapters! all i wanted to say is (y/n) will NOT become a shaman (sorry!!) i did not intend for the story to be written that way, but hopefully the plot will become clearer soon. i wanted this to be more of an introduction arc, almost to get more personal with (y/n) itself and her backstory. next chapter WILL be introducing gojo! and it will be written in first person (your pov!) hope to see u there <3 

-carti kun ^^