23rd January - Komi

"Yo, what are you so mad about?" you asked Konoha, your childhood friend ever since he moved in next door to you. The both of you were walking to school together like always.

   "It's Komi." he answered, "He keeps giving me this stupid nickname."

   "Really? You're mad because of that? What is it anyway, can't be that bad." surely he wouldn't be like this over something so simple unless it really annoyed him that much.

He scoffed at that. "It's- it's... He keeps calling me 'Jack of all trades, master of none'." when you looked at him and thought about the name you couldn't help but think it suited him.

   "That's actually kind of accurate though.. This Komi guy isn't wrong." you said, looking straight ahead and and trying to figure out who Komi could even be.

   "Ackkkkk, not you too!" he cried into the air, his head up in frustration as you had a lopsided smile with an eyebrow raised.

   "Who is Komi anyway? He seems pretty smart for coming up with that." you mentioned.

"Smart? Nah he's in class 2! Oh, and- he's in the volleyball club by the way." Konoha explained.

   "Pshhhhh, well you're only in class 3! Oh, and- really? I should've seen him by now then." you said, copying his 'Oh, and-'.

"Alright, okay. If you're in class 5, maybe you should have come up with that instead then." he retorted, mocking your- intelligence...?

"If it's annoying you, then I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me calling you that..." you told.

"That's not what I meant!-"

"Hmm, then I will call you that, Jack of all trades, master of none.!"

He groaned in agony and you decided you shouldn't say anymore, knowing what happens when you make him too mad.

You finally got out of your classroom as it was lunch and went to your one and only childhood friend's class.

You turned up only to see him with his arms over his head, face flat on the desk while a short boy with brown hair seemed to be mocking him and laughing.

'So this must be Komi...' you thought.

   "Please Komi just shut up already!" you heard from the desk.

   "Nuh uh. Not until you admit that you really are the 'Jack of all trades-'."

He said it again. And it must've been the last time because Konoha suddenly stood up, making you and Komi flinch.

   "Y/n's here. Let's go." he said and Komi looked over to you.

   "Ohhh so you're Y/n! Nice to meet you."

   "Nice to meet you too..."

   "And then Bokuto tripped over him!"

You were laughing your head off at Komi's stories- it really intrigued you, how so much happens within the volleyball club.

   "Hey, Akinori! How come you never told me about all of this?" you questioned, sure he would say something about it.

"Because none of this even happens! He's over exaggerating everything."

"Hey! it does happen... you're just not there to see it..." Komi defended.

You spoke up, "Okay, how about I come to your volleyball practice and see what kind of things go down?"

"That's a great idea!"

"Yeah."

"See you guys, then"

You walked off to your next class hoping to be early and just when you got to the door to the building you realised your notebook was gone.
   'It must be back there.' you thought and turned around to grab it.

When you got there you saw Komi and Konoha talking about something. You couldn't hear them and they didn't seem to notice you but as you got closer...

   "Broo, she's so cute! Why didn't you introduce me before?"

Konoha must've noticed you standing there because of what he said next.

   "I don't know, and are you excited for her to be at practice?"

   "Yeah! I'm gonna show her my dives, and my recieves-" he was standing in a proud manner which caused him to turn to the side and see you.

His eyes widened.

   "D-did you hear that??? How long were you there? Konoha, bro why didn't you tell me?"

He looked over to said 'bro' and he was just smirking switching his gaze from you to Komi and Komi to you, probably thinking about what kind of couple you'd be.

However, you were still in the same position: mid walk, about to say something, eyes big. This time there was a faint blush on your cheeks (as well as Komi's)

   "Uh-"

And Konoha decided to just leave you two and walk off.
Seriously?!

   "Well... You're- um, excited, huh?" you asked

   "Of course. I mean- you-y-you're gonna be there..." he decided to just be bold, "You are pretty cute..."

The faint blush on your and his cheeks reddened

   "Thanks."

The air held tension and awkwardness, but luckily the bell filled it in, signaling that you had to go to your classes.

   "Well, I'll see you at practice then!" you waved and grabbed the black notebook you almost forgot (well- forgot, and then almost forgot again)

   "Yeah, see you!" he waved back then you parted ways.

Maybe now you were quite excited for practice, too.

857 words
sorry it's getting repetitive i'll change it up a bit next chapter ('-﹏-';)