Movie 5

Lance: "Altomare is a fairly unique city. It's all canals - no higher ground or anything - and the culture there is linked strongly to the water. Altomare means High Sea, and it's a commonly related legend that the city gained this name after an attack by a marauding Trainer a century ago."
Alder: "Does this have a point?"
Siebold: *muttering*
Lance: "Of course it has a point. It's a legend which happens to be true... or so it would seem."
Flint: "This kid's kind of ridiculous, isn't he..."
Lance: *shrug* "The marauding trainer attacked the city with two fossils - Kabutops and Aerodactyl. But Latias and Latios destroyed them by flooding the city, creating the canals. Since then, they've been seen as the protectors of Altomare, and their statues are found around the city."
Caitlin: "Nice story."
Lance: "That much is disputed. What's been confirmed - discreet interviews again - is that there were indeed one Latias and one Latios in Altomare for most of the previous century - not the ones from the story, we think they're the children."
Drake: "That were sounds ominous."
Lorelei: "I'm afraid you're right to be worried."

Lance: "The bit we're fairly sure of is that Ash was in the city for a holiday - he'd just gotten his eighth badge a few days before. He took part in the water Pokemon race, and appears to have been messed around with by an invisible shape."
Steven: "Can't Latias and Latios make themselves invisible with their feathers?"
Lance: "Correct. We don't know much of the interim details after that first contact, but Latias was definitely walking the streets in the form of a teenaged girl, and Ash saved her from an attack by two members of the Rocket organization."
*groans*
Cynthia: "The Rockets I've met have been quite pleasant... but I've heard what they've done elsewhere."
Lance: "These were some of the worst."
Alder: "Wait. This kid saved a Legendary?"
Lance: "A young and rather sheltered Legendary. She wasn't really able to defend herself. In any case, some hours later the Rockets made another attack -this time, successfully - and captured both Latios and the Soul Dew. That gave them the capacity to activate the DMA, and reanimate the dead Fossils from the marauder a century ago."
Grimsley: "What's that when it's at home?"
Will: "The Defence Mechanism of Altomare. It works on little-understood principles to draw power from an Eon Pokemon and the Soul Dew, ostensibly for defending the city."
Lance: "The Rockets tried to use it to take over the city. Latias sought help from Ash, and between them they managed to break through to the museum and free Latios -though not without the Soul Dew being destroyed."

Drasna: "From context, I guess that's bad."
Lance: "The Soul Dew was said to be the spirit of the elder Latios - the one who saved the city last time it was attacked. Without the Soul Dew in place, the city dries up. With the Soul Dew destroyed... a tidal wave came. This bit we have footage of."
*plays footage*
Cynthia (softly): "Two lights went out, one red and one blue... and only the red one came back."
Lance: "Latios died saving Altomare, and his sister survived. That's about all we know."
Alder: "What would have happened if Ash hadn't been there?"
Lance: "Either the DMA would let the Rockets have total control of the city, or - with Latias and Latios both captured, one of them dead, and the Soul Dew lost, the city is destroyed by the tsunami."
Glacia: "A somber note to end on."
Will: "Incidentally... we also have this."
*footage plays, showing a young girl giving Ash a picture and kissing him on the cheek*

Phoebe: "Why show that? It seems a bit... well, almost voyeuristic."
Shauntal: "Wait... her hair. It looks-"
Lance: "That's what Latias' human friend looks like. It's also the form Latias takes when disguising herself as human."
Cynthia: *head in hands* "And now a Legendary has kissed him... how long was this after the Orange Islands incident?"
Lance: "Shamouti was after the Indigo League, this one before the Silver Conference. They all happened in the same year."
Aaron: "Busy year."

Lance: "I believe that there was a recess requested? We'll reconvene afterwards, if that's alright."