Carnations

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry. No, I didn't forget. The one near me was closed. Maybe they were closed for the day. Yeah, I'm on the way now. No, I'm looking for one right now. I won't take too long, I promise. Yeah. Love you too. Bye!"

Fluke got off the phone, but he still has not found the flower shop the old man so kindly pointed him to. Okay, he may not have been totally honest. But he was busy okay?

He came from Earth's house, brainstorming business card templates and future business marketing ideas and he lost track of time. And when he went to to the flower shop he frequents, they were just closing up, but he didn't have the heart to beg them for a bouquet since the owner said she was hurrying for her son's birthday. So now he's walking down this block that's totally opposite his way home.

The old man said there was one this way, but he's been walking for more than 5 minutes now but-

'The Lone Arranger'

The shop sign says. With bunches of flowers in plastic pots in front of it. Just like any other flower shop. Strange name for one though. Strange but very creative. He loves it.

When he peers closer he sees a tall man with a black apron on him. He's holding a bunch of flowers and cutting the tip of the stems with his other hand. Fluke walks on the pavement towards the shop and pushes the glass door with his lithe body, and he smiles when he hears the door chimes.

"Hi! I-" Fluke directs his smile towards the tall man, but the other gasps and runs away from the desk, towards the back.

Fluke pouts and continues walking towards the center of the shop, and instead of the tall man, he sees a young girl walking towards the cashier, wearing a white apron with the name of the shop in bold black letters.

"Hello, cutie! I'm Sam!  Welcome to The Lone Arranger! What blooms can I get for you today?" the young girl greets with the biggest smile on her face, with her hands flailing in a wave.

Fluke stays silent for a few moments, with a pout apparent on his face. The young woman looks behind her and points towards the back.

"Oh, that?" she starts. Fluke nods and walks towards the cashier counter. "Ignore him. The other owner is not as timid but he's off early tonight."

"This owner, however, is extremely shy. He doesn't talk a lot per usual, but he usually can and he interacts well with customers. So this is the first time I saw him run for his life, and just say 'cutie-cutie' over and over again. And wow-he's right!" Sam continues.

Fluke feels his skin heat up and it ran down all the way to his neck. Fluke covers his neck with his hands and looks down.

Sam chuckles and messes up with his hair, and continues to ask- "What can I get for you cutie? Someone's number, maybe?" she asks, then laughs.

Fluke looks up and pouts and she just full-on coos at him now.

"Awwee! Okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just met you and I'm already teasing you like this. I'm sorry," she continues and laughs.

Fluke clears his throat and- "It's alright. I was just- it's my first time getting called cutie, like, like that, and yeah. I wanted to get a bouquet for forgetting an important day." Fluke answers.

Sam tilts her head to the side, "Like an anniversary or something?"

Fluke nods and answers, "Something like that."