A lead.

You woke up to someone lightly shaking your shoulder.

"Come on Y/n, we are here," the voice said lightly. You opened you eyes seeing Morgan shake you. You quickly stood up and grabbed your bag, being the last one out.

"I rented this little house for now for everyone to stay at. Me and Rossi will share a room, Emily and Y/n will share, Morgan and Reid will share, and JJ has her own room," Hotch informed. Everyone nodded and took a taxi to the house. The police department working with you on this case provided two black SUV's.

It wasn't too far away from where the Jet landed. Once you got there, you and Emily settled into your room. The room was pretty spacious. It had a king bed with a desk. There was a TV as well with a dresser. Everyone had their own bathrooms, so you started to unpack. You were excited to share with a Emily. She doesn't snore, and she would be great company. After an hour or so, you and the rest of the team took the SUVS to the police station.

"I hope this is ok," the head officer said, feeling guilty he didn't have a huge table for everyone to sit at.

"This is good," Hotch thanked the officer.

"Well I'll let you guys get settled then." You sat down next to Reid, and started pulling the case files out. Hotch set up the clear map board. You handed everyone a folder as they flipped through it while Hotch finished setting up the room.

"Alright everybody go do what they were told earlier." Hotch concluded as everyone got up from their seats. 

--

You sat next to Spencer in the Passengers seat, as he drove to Amelia's family's home. 

"What information do you think her parents will give us?" You said trying to break the silence.

"Well.. We honestly might get none. Her parents went through a lot, and have hardly any knowledge as to what happened." Spencer explained, turning his head left and right to make sure no other cars were coming. You nodded your head and started to turn up the radio.

"What are you doing?"

"Turning up the radio," you said in an obvious tone. 

"This is a serious case," Spencer replied, turning down the radio. 

"Genius, you could loosen up a bit. Enjoy the moment while you can before we get our heads spinning into a never ending death hole." You smiled at him, moving his hands to turn the radio up a bit. Spencer sighed, starting to ease up a bit. Sex on fire started playing. You started to lip sync to the song. 

"Is this really the music people listen to now?" 

"Oh please, your thirty one spence, your one year older then me." He chuckled as he started to bop his head to the song. His curly hair bounced a bit. You grinned and admired the soothing air that filled the car. It was a clear day and the sky was blue. This was the part of you job that you enjoyed. You loved spending time with your friends.  

--

Around twenty minutes later, you arrived at Amelia's parent's home. Mr. Barnes and Mrs. Barnes. You stepped up to their doorstep, side by side. The couple answered the door. 

"Hello I'm agent Y/L/N and this is Doctor Reid, we are here from the FBI to talk to you guys about your daughter's death." You said, noticing the father's worry on his face. 

"Yes, please come in," Mrs. Barnes said, motioning her hand inside of the house. Spencer walked in first, causing you to walk next to the husband. 

"A very pretty young lady you are," he said, trailing his hand up and down your back. You wiggled out of his grip awkwardly, walking up to spencer and holding his hand. Spencer knew you wouldn't do this unless something was wrong, so he kept it natural. You sat next to him on their couch.

"So what do you need to know?" The mother asked. 

"Do you mind telling us everything that happened the day Amelia got taken?" Spencer questioned. 

"Sure. So it was later at night time. I told Amelia to go get ready for bed as usual. She was scared to go into her room, as if she knew she was going to get taken. I assumed it was nothing so I sent her up there." The mother started crying. "John, my husband, wasn't home at the time so I freaked out when I saw she was gone."

"Where were you?" You asked, looking at John. 

"I was in a work meeting. Me and five other guys work together," John said shrugging his shoulders. He didn't look sad at all. In fact he looked relaxed. You realized the mother's fingers were tapping in a 1-2 motion the whole time.

"Um.. Mrs. Barnes, do you mind if I talk to you privately?" You asked softly, keeping eye contact on her. 

"I don't think that will be necessary." John said, interrupting her. 

"I don't think I asked you John." Your tone was more stern this time. Mrs. Barnes simply nodded, following you to her daughter's bedroom.

"What does your husband work as?" 

"He and his friends are a little company. They mow people's lawns. Their business name is 'Greenest Grass'. He has a lot of meetings at night." 

"I see. And, has you daughter told you anything about him. Has he done anything to her?" You took your words slow, letting the mother process the words. She froze as her face filled with guilt. 

"I know you know something. We need all of the evidence we can get for this case." Mrs. Barnes let out a shaky breath, siting on Amelia's bed.

"Amelia told me one night that John was- You know- touching her. I asked John, but he said she was lying. I didn't know who to trust. A day later, Amelia got taken, and died." You shook your head in disbelief.

"You wouldn't believe you own daughter?" You asked. Her head was facing down. She was playing with her fingers. You scoffed and went back to where John and Spencer were sitting. 

"Thank you for your time. We are leaving." You said, grabbing Spencer's hand. He looked up at you confused. 

"Ok well if you need any answers, we will be here." John looked you up and down. 

"I think we got everything we need." You reassured, clenching your jaw. You and Spencer walked out, and back into the car. 

"What is it?" Spencer asked, scanning your face. 

"I think John might be our guy." Spencer looked at you with wide eyes. 

The horror of a little girl's own father killing her. 

"Let's tell the team," He said, driving back to the police department.

--

Welcome to the end of chapter two! More chapters will be coming I promise! Anyways, have a good day. Make sure to eat something, and treat yourself with some self car. 

Love yall tons. 

-Ella.