𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄/𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐒

Hi everyone! So, I really hope you enjoyed this short, 60 chapter warrior cats story. I know it's a little depressing, but I wrote it just to show the strength of love and denial. I'll admit, the idea was partly inspired by a scene in the film Shutter Island, where a mother refuses to believe her children are dead and still acts like they are around, because I thought it would be interesting to portray a story similar to that as a fan fiction, and prove just how much some suffer from the loss of a loved one.

Anyways! Here's a few extra details to the book:

- Okay, so first, I'll explain how Snowkit and Violetkit died. So, Russetsmudge mentioned something about a thunder path earlier, hinting that was how they died. What basically happened is the two kits snuck out a dawn to go exploring and ended up meeting the same fate as their mother - falling from the cliff edge onto the thunder path below.

- Secondly, the kits were indeed dead, but Petalshine had been unwilling to accept that. She managed to convince herself they were still alive so strongly, that she eventually became confused as to why the clan and her mate were always trying to tell her they were dead. She saw and heard them only in her mind.

- Another detail to note is that the reason Petalshine was so petrified when she realised her kits were calling her from the thunder path is because a part of her knows that's where they died, but she hasn't allowed herself to fully accept that, and instead passed a stage of denial to revive herself of the grief - hence the name of the book.

- I know that most clan territories don't involve things such as cliffs, but if it wasn't already clear, the story was meant to be set in Sky Clan before they discovered the other clans, and I'm fairly certain (though I haven't read the books in a while) that there were mentioning of cliffs being in the territory. If not then just imagine there were heh.

- Snowkit and Violetkit were actually identical twins, the only difference between them being a slight shade darker of blue in Snowkit's eyes. Surprisingly neither of the kits turned out looking anything like their father, and took all appearance features from their mum.

- Had the kits lived, their warrior names would have been Violetpatch and SnowLeaf. SnowLeaf would have become clan leader, and Violetpatch would have become a queen with a litter of three.

- After Petalshine's death, Russetsmudge managed to find love in the company of another of his clanmates, Softpurr, and together they raised two litters of kits. Russetsmudge never forgave himself for what happened to Petalshine, and still loves her and their kits dearly, even though she is in Star Clan.

- The cliff side was banned from travelling to alone after what happened to Petalshine, Violetkit, and Snowkit, and Russetsmudge returned there once a moon at night to hold a secret vigil for them.

Here are some character profiles for the cats mentioned (Russetsmudge, Petalshine, Snowkit and Violetkit):

Russetsmudge:

Snowkit and Violetkit

Petalshine