Chapter 50. He Haunts Me

[50]

[50]

Sydney

I've never been to a fashion show.

It seems everyone who is seated here, either is some type of millionaire, works in the fashion industry, is a designer, or simply, rich.

The women that sat around me are gazing at the models as they walked down the runway as if the dresses they are seeing are the most extraordinary things they've ever laid their eyes on.

The models walk effortlessly, displaying many dresses, their long legs shining as the spotlight solely shines down on them.

I feel Tyler place his hand on mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I hope you aren't bored," he whispers to me with a grin, staring at the models.

"Not at all," I reply back, my eyes returning to the models.

I turn back, looking at the people in the audience, and my eyes land on Daniel and his parents.

I frown, turning back fully to him.

I'm guessing his mom dragged him along because I know for a fact this isn't his type of thing.

He spots me, and I whip around immediately, half wishing he didn't see me.

"I'm going to find my mom, I need to speak with her about something," Tyler tells me, and when I send a nod in reply, he gets up from his seat and walks away.

I look back, noticing Daniel's seat is empty. I don't know why I do it, but I get up and wander back to the dance floor.

A waiter walks past me with a tray of chocolate mousse, and I pick one up as he rushes past.

I use the incredibly tiny spoon in the little shot-like glass, scooping up some mousse. If I was alone, I would've used my tongue.

Oh my fucking god.

This is the best mousse I've ever tasted.

Three more scoops and the mousse glass was empty, and I set it down on the table before hearing shouting from the far end of the dance floor.

"Are you fucking serious?" I hear a familiar voice scream from inside the crowd.

Oh no.

Daniel.

I shove past people to get the front just in time to see Daniel shoving against another guys chest, before pushing past people in the crowd and running off. I don't know why, but I go after him, knowing what he'd do when he gets angry.

I had to pick up my dress a little bit to be able to pick up my pace. Daniel sprints out the doors that lead to the garden roof upstairs, and my unfit ass had to take a break in the middle of the staircase before continuing after him.