Clarity

— Potters POV —

Suddenly, it was as if everything was making sense to you. You exhaled deeply through your nose with instant relief as his lips pressed against yours. That muffled feeling in your head left and clarity struck. His hands gently cupped your cheeks and you felt safe there. You were in the moment, with him and only him. Nothing else crossed your mind. No anxiety from living in the future and no depression from living in the past. Could it be, you were finally under a spell that let you live your present? What mattered was right here, right now. Feeling the tension that built up over the past few weeks, release from both your bodies.
All questions lurking in the back of your mind, we're finally being answered. It was him all along. This was the reason you gave up on A.J. so soon. This was the reason Pacey was the first person you thought to call last night. Out of all people, Pacey Witter. It was the unanswered question of, whether or not your heart belonged elsewhere. By what you felt, it did. The instant calm you experienced by being around him, not even touching him... just being in his presence was enough. Then you mix it with his lips pressed against yours and the rush of emotion pouring out of you... you had your answer. Pacey, is quite literally holding the key to your heart.
The moment couldn't have been any better. He sure knew how to sweep you off your feet. Everything from the change in atmosphere as you went from bickering like five year olds, to kissing like a movie scene, screamed romance. In fact , Dawson would have killed to catch that on camera...
'OH GOD, DAWSON.'
Just like that, the moment was over and the future thoughts started flooding in, causing anxiety to take over to the point of no control. Stopping the most passionate and real kiss of your entire existence, to forcefully pushing Pace off you, which was the last thing you wanted to do.
"ARE YOU INSANE?!" You muttered angrily, trying to mask your true emotion.