CHAPTER ONE: SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?

River Harrington sent her brother a nod, before taking the ice cream he held in his hand, as he sent her an unamused look. Standing right by her side with an ice cream cone in his hand as well was Andy, her good old friend from 8th grade everyone surely remembers. He sent Steve a small smile, checking his watch frequently.

"Alright, that's the last one-" He called out, watching as she glanced to Andy, who only gave her a shrug with a small smile in return.

"Yeah. For today, maybe." She sighed, sarcastically shaking her head before turning back around, running again, Andy following shortly behind.

It was now the summer of 1985, and the whole party had planned on spending it all together. The kids all looked different, they'd grown, and as for River, she grew taller, her hair style changed yet again, now her hair being shorter, more voluminous along with subtle curtain bangs that weren't really noticeable unless you stared, and she was just overall different now. Not that it was a bad thing though, she looked quite pretty.

Oh, and she finally has a different pair of shoes, those being the ones that squeaked against the mall floor as she rushed, pushing past people, causing them to groan. "Watch it, freak!" A few girls that she had pushed through yelled out, causing her to only stick up the middle finger quickly with her free hand. before exiting the mall, to see her friends still waiting there.

"Alright, I've got to go!" Andy called out, checking his watch once again, earning a frown from River before she spoke up.

"So soon? Mike's almost here I'm sure." She looked around, shrugging as Andy scoffed.

"Yea that's why I'm going so soon, Buddy. Your little boyfriend doesn't seem to like me much, you know?" He smirked, as River shook her head aggressively disagreeing.

"It's most definitely not like that, Andy." River spoke softly as he nodded, holding his hands up in surrender as he smiled softly.

"I know. I was only kidding. But camp calls, River! My mom will kick my ass if im not ready in time. You know that." He sent her a charming smile in which she quickly returned, while nodding.

"Yea, I know."

"I'll call you to tell you all about it, alright?"

"Yea alright."

He sent a small smile before throwing his hat to her, waving goodbye as she did as well, and biking off.

Walking back over to her friends and glancing around, the girl sighed, "Don't tell me Mike's still not here." She muttered, holding her ice cream as she glanced between her friends, who all shook their heads in response.

But right after that, Mike Wheeler had finally pulled up, with a red face and red lips, causing Max and River to exchange looks.

"You're late!" Lucas exclaimed, stepping forward as he threw his hands up, and watched Mike get off of his bike with a quick, 'Sorry!'

"Again." Lucas added to his previous comment as Will sighed.

"We're gonna miss the openings." He spoke up, as River readjusted the backpack she wore, while watching this go down.

"Yeah if you guys keep whining about it, let's go." Mike shrugged, walking past River who turned to Lucas as they both mocked him.

"If you guys keep whining about it, Nyeh-Nyeh-Nyeh."

"Just please stop talking, guys." Mike shook his head as he pushed them both forward.

"Let me guess, you were busy." Lucas smirked as he made fun of Mike, who rolled his eyes in response.