10K x Reader - What Are We?

Warnings- Swearing, Mentions of condoms & cunnilingus, Dead cat

The faint signal of Citizen Z only seemed to grow weaker as Warren continued to drive West.

"Did he say Ludington or Littleton?" Addy panicked as her fingers traced our route on a map.

"Ludington, it's this next town," Warren pointed out. As CZ' faint voice finally turned into complete static, the radio was shut off.

"Are you sure this isn't Littleton?" Addy forced a laugh as the truck came to a stop outside of a weather-beaten motel. The small town was barely enough to cover the only intersection in sight. Warren showed the route you all had just taken to Addy yet again before getting out and rounding everyone up. You had faith in Warren, but you truly weren't sure if the group was lost or not. Groaning, you figured Murphy felt the same while waiting for him to unbuckle himself. He, of course, refused to until you leaned across the back seat to do it for him.

"There isn't even a place to eat around here," he groaned as he searched each direction, leaving his door hanging open while he walked away from the pickup truck. Addy got out next, pretending to pike Murphy with her Z-whacker before closing his door and following Warren into the front office. You took a sip of water before getting out. Truthfully, you were stalling. Simply dreading confrontation and there was no doubt it was impending. As you finally opened your door and stepped out, Doc stared wildly at you. 10K, a few feet behind him, only mouthed a quick 'sorry' to you before scurrying inside.

"Look, Kid," Doc tried to calm you down. It was certain he could see how freaked out you were. How could he not? You weren't sure if a blush had ever left your cheeks since he caught you and Tenthousand. "I'm not trying to intrude, but as the closest thing to a parent you kids-"

"Come on, Doc!" You snapped at him. Warren came back outside to hand you both a few room keys. You could only hope that he wouldn't continue his tirade in front of her.

"Can you clear the top floor?" She asked before he had the chance.

"Yep, we've got it covered!" Doc began to drag you up the staircase. "I just want you to know a few things..." He unlocked the first door you crossed. You knocked roughly on the front of it as he peeked through the crack for any Zs. In the absence of a response, you both went in to search the room.

"Clear," you gave him a thumbs up and tried to hurry to the next room before he could continue his 'talk'.

"Like, always use a condom, alright? We'll make sure that you two-"

"Doc!" You snapped at him, looking down below to Addy and 10K clearing the ground floor. You prayed she hadn't just heard that. 10K had helped you, quite successfully, keep Doc away from the group since this morning. It was rough enough with just Doc laying into you about... doing things with 10K... you couldn't imagine the rest of the group as well.

"And please, when you do it, at least just be near us,"

"Just forget it ever happened, please!" You begged as you aggressively took on a Z in the next room. Another one shot out of the shower, ripping a fist of hair out of your head before Doc could pike him.

"Just so that you two can avoid situations like that, alright? This one time in Detroit, pants around my ankles, this junky!-"

You promptly turned back around, left the room, and shut the door on him. You leaned against it for a moment, rubbing your stress-filled head before freeing him and returning to the group.

"I think these houses will be our best bet at dinner," Warren suggested as your group began to split up and roam the streets.

10K went with you down some cul-de-sac. The houses were all small and decaying, but several of them had yet to be picked clean. Not that they had much to begin with. All of the cans you found were expired, but you had seen your first cat in several months... only... 10K began to bring the half-filled bag of stale kitty food back to the hotel as you carried the couple of cans you found.

Ignoring whatever comment Murphy made as you dropped off your finds, you two went back down the street to clear the last two homes. Sadly, nothing of value was found in either of them. You sighed and sat down on a couch next to him. It was apparent that he was thinking about something. He had the same look he always did when his internal conflict got all too overwhelming.

Asking what he was thinking about, you turned to him and placed a gentle hand on his wrist. He eagerly took your hand before responding.

"I know Doc's talk wasn't very fun," he laughed gently with you. Taking another deep breath, he grabbed your other hand and forced himself to look at you. "But I think I'm happy that he knows you're mine,"

You smiled. It brought you a lot of relief to know he had already gotten over this relationship you two had coming to light. Yet, you still didn't know what to think as he kissed you quickly before standing back up.

"I don't think I've had kitty food since Kansas..." he waited for you to follow him out of the house. As you resisted, he took a seat next to you yet again. His face was painted his confusion as he anxiously waited for you to tell him what was wrong.

After a moment, you forced yourself to speak up. "So what are we?"

Kissing didn't equal a relationship. You could understand that. But he'd always hold your hand, and he loved to get lost in your eyes as you woke up in his chest- I mean, hell, when Doc caught you and 10K, it wasn't the first time he had stripped you naked against a grassy hill and happily began to taste your most vulnerable parts.

"What?"

You could almost laugh at how confused he was, but you were too confused about everything yourself. Who would have thought that dating would be the hardest part of the apocalypse?

"Like, us. What are we?"

He seemed even more concerned now. He began to nervously pick at his fingers as he watched you.

"Humans?"

"What?" You gawked at him. "Like, 10K, me and you... are we like, together?"

"Of course!" His face mimicked yours. "I thought we were, aren't we?"

"Yeah," he leaned forward and wrapped your arms around him. Yet again, you couldn't feel close enough to him. "Good,"

You gently kissed him, both smiling too hard to do any good before standing back up and hurrying to the hotel. Everything was fine, and it felt like you had a weight off of your chest.

"Where the hell were you?" Warren demanded as you two finally got far enough down the street. 10K proudly brought the hand he was holding closer to him, pulling your body against his own before giving you a small kiss. You pulled back too late to see Warren's face, but from her expression and glare towards Doc, you figured it wasn't surprise. "Hurry up next time,"