Reunion

*begin listening to 'On the level' by Mac DeMarco

The sun was setting across the leaf village and Naruto found himself in his usual spot, sitting at the top of the mountain overlooking the village. It was a week before his wedding with Hinata.

Naruto knew how much Hinata loved him. He tried so hard to love her. Yet, Naruto questioned himself everyday as to why he always second-guessed his feelings for Hinata. She was pretty and kind. But, he never felt fully satisfied.

Naruto had been working hard in order to become Hokage, but that alongside his own confliction was beginning to take a massive toll on Naruto. He needed an escape.

"Why that face? is it because we are high up, scaredy cat?"

Naruto froze. He had not heard that voice in years.
It was Sasuke.

"Why are you not in the village helping out in the prep for you're wedding?" he said in a interrogative voice, raising one eyebrow up.

Naruto turned only slightly from the sunset view and caught a glimpse of Sasuke's jet black hair gently swaying in the wind.

"My-my wedding? How do you- how do you know about that? I thought you were away, dealing with your stuff" Naruto said sheepishly over his shoulder.

"Kakashi sent pakkun to tell me- Were you just gonna get married and not tell me? Seems a bit unfair. I thought we were closer than that"
Sasuke said in a half-serious, half-playful tone. Naruto saw Sasuke smile to himself upon saying that last sentence.

Naruto himself had not given the wedding much thought. In honesty, it's not what he wants. It's what everyone else wants, even what his parents would of wanted; for him to settle down and live comfortably with a nice kunoichi. 

Naruto finally turned to face Sasuke, yet still avoided direct eye contact. This was to avoid the tension rising between them as they both stand facing each other after all those years.

"Well, you left the village after the war. I didn't recieve any letters from you either so why should i of-" Naruto explained.

Suddenly, Sasuke stormed up to Naruto and gripped him by his collar and pulled him up towards him. Naruto gasped at the sudden movement. Then, Sasuke tilted his head and leant forwards closing the gap between him and Naruto. He whispered,

"Let me make one thing clear. There has not been a day since I left this village where I didn't think about you Naruto." 

Naruto felt the breath from Sasuke's whisper against his neck which caused him to get goosebumps. Despite the nervousness, Naruto looked up at Sasuke in disbelief at what he just said. The silence between them held so much meaning. They didn't need to elaborate to know exactly what Sasuke had meant.

Suddenly, an frustrated expression sweeped across Sasuke's face and he pulled Naruto even closer to his face, so that Sasuke's mouth was right near Naruto's ear. He wanted to make sure Naruto listened and understood perfectly-

"Do you think I could forget what happened the night before I left? I'm sure you have forgotten, now you have Hinata"

The tension between Naruto and Sasuke was obvious. It had always been there, whether it was the rivalry or the mutual emotional understanding which connected the both of them.

Naruto was still too shocked by Sasuke's words to process and react to his whispers. Therefore, Sasuke being annoyed with Naruto's lack of response he didn't bother reconfirming eye contact with Naruto, and he turned and began to walk forwards towards the view of the leaf village. But before Sasuke could get out of arms reach, Naruto grabbed Sasuke's shoulder, and pulled him to turn around. Naruto did not want him leaving the close proximity between them. Naruto replied-

"I haven't forgotten. I can't forget. So please Sasuke I-"

Before Naruto could even finish his sentence, Sasuke turned to him, leant in and pressed his warm lips eagerly against Naruto's.

end of part 1 - reunion