CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE
THE CLOAKED FIGURE.

  *:・゚✧*:・

  *:・゚✧*:・

THE TWO SPRINTED PAST CROWDS OF PEOPLE TO WHAT SEEMED LIKE A DOZEN SPEEDERS ALL PARKED. ANAKIN HURRIEDLY JUMPED INTO THE SPEEDER closest to the door, leaving barely enough time for amelia to do the same before he sped off into the night in search of his master.

they zoomed past other airspeeders at an unfathomable speed, amelia now understood the utter recklessness of anakin skywalker. and as he drove fast, she searched the skies for any sign of obi-wan, the probe droid or even the assassin.

"oh my stars! there" she exclaimed, arm streatched out to indicate where he was. anakin followed where her feeble finger pointed to and found his master free falling, the droid having been shot down but the sight didn't stop him from smirking in response, as an idea had popped into his head. "hold on tight sweetheart."

butterflies swarmed in amelia's stomach and a light crimson painted her cheeks at that one, measly stupid word. she couldn't help but thank the force that he couldn't see the flustered look on her face at the word as he was too preoccupied trying to catch his master and the neon lights of coruscant wouldn't give too much away.

anakin's arms jolted the steering wheel forward as the air speeder dipped forward at an alarming rate. he pressed the accelerator hard, angling forward so he would be underneath obi-wan, causing amelia to instinctively stretch her arms out across the dashboard of the yellow vehicle; her knuckles a pasty white colour as she held on to for dear life.

if i get killed by his driving, i swear to the stars that i'll come back and haunt him.

it seemed as if he read her mind but ignored her threat, as anakin's foot pressed harder on the pedal as he forced the speeder to go faster, with one thought in his mind he had to save his master.

"amelia" he called over the hums of the engines that surrounded them. "i need you to tell me how close we are to obi-wan. got it?"

"yeah, hold on." she replied as she trained her eyes to the sky, looking for the free faller. "anakin, level out. we'll be able to get him from here." she ordered, and he complied.

the yellow speeder thankfully levelled out and had become the same height as the other ships, but anakin still continued to keep it moving, pushing the joy sticks down as they too moved downward. to amelia's relief she couldn't tip forward anymore, and had let go of the dashboard and focused her eyes on her godfather once more.