𝚘𝚗𝚎.

⋅⋄ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴅ⋄⋅
ʳᵉᵐᵘˢ ᵖᵒᵛ
Tad- Dad (Welsh)
Mam- Mom (Welsh)
Bachgen- Boy (Welsh)

⊱≻≻◆≺≺⊰

         In a cozy, yet modest, house tucked away from the others in Yorkshire, England; a family sat eyes fixed onto the tv screen

In a cozy, yet modest, house tucked away from the others in Yorkshire, England; a family sat eyes fixed onto the tv screen. Well, one's eyes were fixed onto the screen. The five-year-old son of Hope and Lyall sat wide-eyed.

Remus watched as Merlin made all of the books and the other clutter magically go into the bag as he sang. Remus was smart enough, even at his young age, to know that wasn't how real magic worked but that didn't make him enjoy the scene any less.
Merlin kept singing as Remus turned to his father: "Tad, is that how Merlin was really like?"

"Merlin was actually a very serious wizard," Lyall said with a yawn, "He created many spells and books that made the wizarding world how it is today."

"Really," the kid's voice was amazed, having found a new idol. "Did you go to school with him, Tad?"

Lyall didn't have it in him to tell the boy Merlin has been dead for hundreds years, so he just said a simple yes.

The boy's mother told him to pay attention to the movie and that he could answer questions later.
By the end of the movie the adult Lupins were bone weary and ready to sleep; however, the same could not be said for Remus.

The boy was practically bouncing in his seat, his head full of more questions. He would not be able to ask them because he knew it was bedtime and he didn't like it.

First, he tried to hide under the blanket; when that didn't work he asked for a glass of water. While his father got the water and mother locked the doors, Remus pushed his stuffed monkey, Curious George, into the couch.

When his parents came back, they took him upstairs. Remus waited until he was in his warm pajamas and about to be put in bed to tell his parents he lost his monkey.

"Mam, I can't sleep without him," Remus started to cry, "Georgie is scared of the dark, he gets scared without me."

However, the boy's parents weren't buying his act. "Remus you do this every night," Lyall said as his wife went to fetch the toy from the usual hiding spot: inside the couch.

"Next time you leave him down there, he's going to stay down there.
Remus said nothing as Hope handed the monkey back to her son, who was now tucked tight into bed with a cup of water on his nightstand.

"Goodnight my little bachgen," Hope said as she closed the door.

"Night, mam."

With their son finally asleep, Hope and Lyall made their way to their own bedroom. Lyall couldn't remember even turning off the light, he was asleep so fast.