𝟐𝟕 - 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

You don't know what you were thinking when you decided to stay awake the whole night, maybe a part of you assumed if you stayed awake, the night would never end and you'd never have to witness Jungkook leave.

But the moon and sun work in perfect harmony even for once when you wished they hadn't.

The sun shone brightly making you frown as it felt like it was mocking you. You would have to get up and face the truth.

You told yourself several times this is what you wanted Y/N, but heck the Y/N in your tiny brain is stupid, she makes dumb decisions all the time.

You got out of bed, practicing your farewell smile in front of the mirror but all of them seemed forced or like you were about to cry which was all true.

Without thinking much, you grabbed the cardigan in your closet, covering yourself up still in your pajamas as you trailed down the stairs when you heard Jungkook and the others.

"Y/N, you're finally up sleepy head", Mia smiled, making her way to you.

She was ever so poppy and part of that was that she had just gotten married and you had nothing but well wishes.

"Y/N!", Jimin pulled you in a tight hug. You guys weren't that close friends but I guess the couple were too ecstatic to care about much.

Everyone was so happy, another direct mockery of your own state. Curse you universe!

"Jimin, Mia, what are you guys doing here?", you asked since they should be off on their honeymoon or enjoying each other's company or something.

"Jungkook's about to leave so I decided to drop him to the airport", Jimin stated pointing behind him where Jungkook and your mother stood, conversing about something like it were any other day except it was not.

"Good morning dear", your mother greeted you.

Jungkook wasn't even looking at you anymore. I guess he was that happy to finally leave.

"Is Jungkook having breakfast with us?", you asked trying to clear the awkward atmosphere building.

"I umm I have to go very soon", he looked at his watch.

"Like in about 15 minutes", he replied.

"Y-yeah that's fine I guess, do you at least want help putting your luggage in the trunk", you asked.

Frankly you were just trying to get the conversation moving.

"I already did that", he stated and you cringed for seeming so desperate.

"I'm sitting in the car Kookie, join me when you're ready", Jimin called out before leaving out the front door after waving to you, Mia and your mother.

"Well I guess it's time to say goodbye", Jungkook forced a smile.

"Oh actually wait, I need to do one last thing", he stated as he quickly vanished upstairs but in seconds he was back.

"Goodbye Ms. Lee, thank you for taking care of me like your son", Jungkook hugged your mother fondly.

"You were the only son I had so it wasn't that hard", your mother joked making Jungkook chuckle.