Intro

Hi everyone, welcome to Learn Japanese With Me! In this book I'll include kanji with their meanings as well as its kunyomi and onyomi readings. I might also include vocabulary and grammar lessons. Keep in mind that I'm not fluent and this is mainly for personal purposes. I've been taking Japanese class at my high school for the past two years so I do have some experience. Of course, I will make some mistakes, so please feel free to correct me. If you're a beginner with little to no experience, don't worry! The first few chapters will include grade 1 kanji such as numbers and say, time kanji that I learned in my first year. Before that, I'll include a hiragana and katakana chart in this chapter just to get y'all started. I ask that you study them well and try to memorize the characters. Of course, this will take time, so please try not to rush in your learning journey! I also recommend that you maybe make flashcards or make your own hiragana/katakana charts so that way you can learn faster. And if you didn't know, there are three writing systems in Japanese, excluding romaji. Hiragana, the basic writing system which young children learn. Katakana, the system for foreign words. And kanji, the system for chinese characters. In normal Japanese, a mixture of hiragana and kanji (and katakana) is used. This is why Japanese is considered one of the hardest languages to learn, but not to fret! Once you have at least hiragana and katakana down, everything becomes a lot easier, I promise.

ありがとうございました皆さん!