Chapter 8: Meeting the Wests

Hey guys! Celestial Dragon here. How are you guys doing? Sorry for the long wait, but on the bright side, the new chapter has arrived! Happy reading!

***

Central City West Residence: 20th March 2012, 6.30 PM

The doorbell rang and Barry bolted towards it eagerly, his wide smile dropping slightly as he saw his sister Iris standing on the other side of the door in her light jumper.

She raised an eyebrow when she noticed his smile drop. His eyes clouded with disappointment, but he nevertheless offered a hug to her as he backed away from the door so that she could enter.

"Alright, what's with that face?"

"What face? There is no face here but my own."

"You sure about that Barr?"

Before Barry could open his mouth to answer, Joe beat him to it, coming out of the kitchen wearing mittens as he came to greet his daughter. Joe shot Barry a knowing look.

"Barry's just nervous about a certain blonde haired soulmate of his coming to dinner today."

"Oh is that it? Disappointed that I wasn't Kara, Barry?"

Barry chuckled slightly as he blushed, scratching the back of his neck.

"What? Me? Nervous? Disappointed? Haha no. Why would I be? You're my sister and I love you. I just wish Kara was here already."

Barry mumbled the last part to himself, not noticing the smirk that Joe and Iris exchanged as they heard what he said. Joe patted his shoulder before moving to the kitchen as the oven started beeping, signifying that the lasagne was done. Iris bumped her shoulder with his to make him feel better.

"Don't worry Barry, I'm sure that Kara will be here soon. No need to get your knickers in a twist."

Barry glared at Iris as she snickered, ready to retort when he heard the doorbell ring again. His face lightning up, he made his way quickly to the door as Iris shook her head at him, a smile on her face.

"Hey! We were expecting-"

Barry stopped mid sentence as he noticed that it was the mail man standing in front of him with a package in his hand.

"-this package to arrive. Uh, thank you for that."

The mail man nodded at him and left after Barry signed the piece of paper he held out for him, getting into his truck and driving away.

Barry sighed and closed the door, dejectedly walking back into the house with the package in his hands. Iris squealed as she saw the package and immediately took it away from Barry.

"I can't believe it arrived! I thought for sure it would come late because I ordered it at the last minute just as they were about to go out of stock, but it's here! Isn't that great Barry?"

Barry fell onto the couch dramatically as he mumbled back his response, his previous enthusiasm and excitement gone from his tone.

"Yep. Great. Amazing."

Iris opened her mouth to comment on his monotone answer, but the doorbell rung again. She looked at her brother with an eyebrow raised.

"Aren't you going to get that?"

"Nah, I got the two previous times. You go get it."

Iris shrugged and made her way towards the door, setting the package down by the small coffee table.