Hope gets suspended

"Hello? Is this Athena Cykes?" The voice from the telephone said.

"Yes, This is she. Who is this?" Athena said in a polite tone, thinking the voice was a client.

You see, After a few years of working at WAA, Athena's fame grew due to her talent in the courtroom. So Athena had opened a law firm with her brother, Simon Blackquill. The law firm specialized in the Psychology aspect so the firm hosted defense attorneys and prosecutors.

Athena was a mentor for some rookie attorneys whilst Simon taught young prosecutors

"This is Morice Maybell, We are calling on behalf of your daughter, Hope." The voice said.

"Oh, What did she do?" Athena asked, pinching the skin on the bridge of her nose.

"She has been suspended, I suggest you or your wife come pick her up." Morice said.

Athena knew Junie was in a case, so she put on her jacket, told Simon to watch the office and headed out to get her child.

____________________________________

"Mommy!" Hope cried and jumped into Athena's arms.

"Ah, Mrs. Cykes! We have been waiting for you, sit down." Morice said in a friendly tone.

Morice was a young woman no older than 23 so she was 2 years younger then Athena. Morice wore a coral sweater with white jeans. Morice had blond hair and green eyes.

"So Miss Maybell, what did Hope do?" Athena asked, her hands folded in her lap as Hope kicked her feet.

"Well during share time, Hope started telling an insane story that I hope was not true about her Grandma being murdered and her uncle taking the blame for it and he went to jail for 7 years." Morice said in a scared tone.

"Um, Morice? That whole story is entirely true." Athena said and Morice stared with a frightened expression. "Don't worry though! Simon was proven innocent on the day of his execution!" Athena said, holding up a peace sign but made Morice more confused.

"Well anyway, the story frightened the children and Hope did a 'therapy session on the whole class with a strange toy." Morice said, pulling out widget from her desk.

"Oh yeah that, sorry that's a thing I do in court when the witness is stressed!" Athena said, smiling.

"Ah, yes I forgot that you were a lawyer, Anyway her teacher tried to stop her and she told him to burn in the fiery pits of hell." Morice said with a pointed look at Hope.

"Nahyuta." Athena growled.

"I'm sorry, what?" Morice said in a shy manner.

"I'm sorry about that, Have you ever heard of 'The Last Rites Prosecutor'?" Athena asked.

"Um, I believe that is a Prosecutor from Khura'in who was the king regent?" Morice stated, questionly.

"Yes, that's him. You see, he is my brother in law and in court he makes remarks about sending everyone to hell." Athena said, Pinching her nose. "I guess she got that from him."

"Okay, well Hope is suspended for 2 days so I recommend speaking to your brother in law." Morice said, squishing a stuffed chicken.

____________________________

"Simon!" Athena yelled when she burst into the office with the small, six year old in tow.

"Shhh!" Simon yelled in a whispered voice, he pointed at his sleeping, 7 month old baby.

"I finally got her to sleep so shut it!" Simon said, whisper shouting to Athena.

Simon and Nahyuta had gotten a surrogate so that they could have a child. Simon was always fond of children and so was Nahyuta. Their daughter, Rivers Metis Blackquill had Nahyuta's genes because they thought it might be cool for her to have purple hair like her dad.

Athena grabbed Simon's arm and dragged him away from his dear daughter to talk to him.

"Simon! Hope got suspended because your husband rubbed off on her and she told her teacher to 'burn in the fiery pits of hell'!" Athena shouted.

Instead of being pissed he started wheezing from laughter and high fiving Hope.

"I'm so proud of my niece!" Simon said laughing and wiped a tear from his eye.

Simon gathered all the rookies and told them what happened and everyone started dying and wheezing uncontrollably.

Simon heard Rivers start crying so he dashed into the room. Athena then slapped herself in the face.