Chapter 1: Inception.

11 years ago

"Junghyun! Jungkook! Come downstairs! Your mother's assistant dropped off some gifts for you guys!"

I rolled my eyes.

My older brother and I were in the middle of an intense match of CombatKickers but we were disrupted from the call of our nanny.

Junghyun was about to get up but I obstructed his path with my leg.

"Don't go," I commanded. "Let's finish this match."

He kicked my foot out the way.

"Let's go, Jungkook," he said before leaving the room.

Junghyun had been winning all the games for the past hour that we've been playing. Just when victory's about to be mine, he leaves?

Pussy.

I angrily threw the console remote aside and stomped my way downstairs.

On the living room table, there were two big bags with our names engraved on them. Mine was blue, Junghyun's was black.

I wanted black.

Already disappointed, I slowly unwrapped the box that was in my bag and it revealed to be a Formula1 lego set.

I frowned.

However, an interesting doll stood out on my brother's side. It oddly piqued my interest.

I reached over and grabbed the it. I slowly studied its detailed designs on its clothes. The colourful hues of brown, green and yellow made it very distinctive.

"Jungkook, that's mine!" He shouted, surprised with my greedy act.

"I like it," I claimed while smiling. I didn't know such a doll existed. Nobody would have this at school.

"So? Mom got it for me," he said, patronisingly emphasising the last bit of his sentence.

"But I want it...."I pouted, hoping that he would find me cute enough to eventually give in.

"Nope. I asked mom specifically for this rare doll. I've been waiting desperately for months to have it in my possession. Stop being selfish and give it back!" He harshly lectured and tried to snatch it away. Without thinking, I instinctively grabbed the scissors that we used to open the presents and hit it as hard as I could against his head. He groaned and slowly fell to the floor. Blood slowly dripped from his forehead.

I swallowed hard and the adrenaline rush slowly depleted. I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

"I told you that I want it. Why are you so stubborn?" I looked down at him  as he struggled on the floor. I unsteadily stood up with the vibrant plushie and went to our shared bedroom.

-Present day-

Your POV

After snoozing my alarm for the 10th time, I finally decided to crawl out of bed. This happens every morning.

"Shit! I'm running late!" I cussed as I looked at the time. School starts in 15 minutes and I was supposed to be on my way 5 minutes ago.

I dashed to the bathroom, got ready and threw on my uniform. While grabbing my phone, I checked myself in the mirror before rushing downstairs.

"Y/N! You're finally awake. Come eat breakfast," my older brother said as he was dishing the plates.

"Thanks, bro! But I really got to get going. I'll see you after school!" I shouted as I ran out the door. I missed the bus so I was going to have to run to school. Thank God that I don't live far.