Chapter 5: V-Day: D-Day (pt2).

YOUR POV

"Jeon Jungkook."

"And what was he doing there?" The officer asked. They both had their eyes glued to me as if they just gained crucial information.

Jungkook couldn't have done something...

...right?

"Well..."

~FLASHBACK~

I slowly strolled around the park, not only to get some fresh air but to literally overthink everything.

I thought about different scenarios that could play out and how the future could be impacted.

What if he doesn't like me back and now the awkward feeling of being rejected affects our friendship?

If he does reject me do we end the dinner or do I carry on eating as if nothing happened?

What if I'm overdressed or underdressed?

What if he likes me back and then we start dating?

But I know nothing about dating! I've never even held hands with a guy...

Huh?

"Jungkook?" I called out. 

There was a tall man with a fit build in black overalls and a baseball cap walking on the other side of the park. Judging from the glimpse of his hand tattoo, I immediately knew it was him.

He abruptly stopped in his tracks and turned towards me.

After a moment of silence, he greeted back.

"Y/N. Hi!" He expressed, sounding a bit nervous.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I made my way to him.  

"I could ask you the same thing."

I frowned. 

Why is he being reluctant?

After studying my reaction, he smiled and explained himself.

"My friend, Namjoon, and I volunteered to help maintain the plants in the park. There's a whole committee for it," he started. "I forgot my shovel so I came to fetch it."

"Woah. I didn't know there was a gardening committee," I stated with a bit of interest.

That's because there isn't one.

"Yeah. It's a handful really. Wouldn't recommend it," he joked with a laugh.

I forced a smile.

"Anyways, I need to go somewhere urgently. I'll see you around?"

I nodded.

"See you, Jungkook."

He waved goodbye before heading towards the car park. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

He lied.

Why?

~END OF FLASHBACK~