two.

GOOD INTENT.

        NAOMI WAS RUNNING ON THE FIVE HOURS of sleep she had before Stiles woke her up to go out into the woods

        NAOMI WAS RUNNING ON THE FIVE HOURS of sleep she had before Stiles woke her up to go out into the woods. She and her father had spent the duration of the early morning hours discussing what to do about Scott McCall being bitten. Her father didn't want to get too hasty in believing that it was a wolf that bit him, he could have confused it for a feral dog or some other animal.

        But he also wouldn't let his daughter go into the situation blind if it had been a bite of a werewolf. She was to keep her eye on Scott at school and try to pick up on the signs of a transformation and once they had the proof then they would move forward with their next plan of action. Helping Scott.

           She was already falling asleep in the car and if Scott's entire life wasn't hanging on the line she would have begged her father to let her stay at home for the day. Unfortunately due to her lack of sleep she was running late for her first period class that she didn't share with neither Scott or Stiles so her detective work would have to wait.

            "Miss Deaton! Falling asleep is not permitted in my classroom," Mr. Hallback shouted from across the room as the girls head fell from resting on her hand. She jolted upwards and shoved her hair out of her face.

       "I wasn't asleep," she denied blinking thickly to rid herself of the sleepiness.

            "If that's so then what is the formula you would use for an empirical probability?" He asked assuming the girl wouldn't know the answer and would be caught in her lie. He was correct in assuming, she had no clue. She had started dozing the second she landed in the seat and her notes consisted of lazy doodles of monsters in different shapes and sizes. She gulped suddenly regretting taking Algebra 2 and prepared to give some random bullshit example.

            That is until a paper was subtly slid across the table in front of her. She glanced down at the neatly written notes and her eyes zeroed in on the highlighted portion.

          "We don't have all day Miss Deaton. Do you know it or not?" Mr. Hallback pushed the young girl who memorized the written equation.

           "P(E) equals the number of times the event occurs over the total number of observed occurrences," She recited knowingly of course she didn't know it without her table partners notes.

           Mr. Hallback huffed seemingly annoyed with the girls correct answer, thankfully he didn't see the notes that had been passed over to her. "Pay attention if you're caught sleeping again it's detention," he warned before turning back to the whiteboard and answering students questions.

         Naomi signed heavily and leaned back against her chair thankful she avoided looking like an idiot in front of the class. Usually she was on top of it with her school work. She was one of the top of her class but she didn't know everything, she worked for it. And her mind was too tired and too worried about Scott to even try to shove random formulas inside. She looked over to her partner who hurriedly took their notes back to continue writing.