1

The brunette sighed, his dull eyes gliding over the black and white park. As much as he wished to see the colours around him, he couldn't. He hadn't met them yet, his soulmate, his other half. It saddened him, however there was nothing he could about it. You cannot control fate.

He strolled in silence, his hands stuffed into his jean pockets. He couldn't exactly hear the world around him, a pair of headphones covered his ears blaring music. No one paid any attention to him. He was just another person in a crowd, just another face that couldn't see colour. His eyes slowly drifted up to the sky, watching a single bird fly by.

A soft smile crawled onto his face as he wondered if the bird had met its soulmate. Wondering if they even had a soulmate. The thought made him feel happy, yet at the same time it depressed him.

There was a small dip in the ground as he walked, though he ignored it, his eyes stayed on the sky, watching a cloud as it floated above him. He didn't feel it right away, his eyes only began to widen as the world spun around him. When he finally felt it, he wanted to scream. His body crunched and made noises that would make your stomach churn. No one had a chance of getting to him to help, the driver had fled the scene and was gone by the time a large red puddle had begun to grow around him.

He could somehow hear people screaming, though it was muffled and distant. He swore someone called for an ambulance, that there was kneeling down beside him trying to get him to respond. He couldn't. His mouth wouldn't open and it felt like there was water in his lungs. His eyes were blurry, he wasn't sure if it was because he was blacking out or if he was crying. Soon, his legs began to feel much too light to be normal, the feeling slowly started to spread. The brunette's eyes widened as he understood what was happening. He was dying and it scared him. He fought, trying to keep his heart beating just a little longer, he believed that if he could stay awake then he could live.

He blinked only once and when his eyes opened, he could see his body on the ground, a puddle of blood around him as a woman attempted to do CPR. A sigh escaped his lips, the world was still black and white. He had died before he got to see the beautiful colours of the world, the green grass, the blue sky, the different coloured animals that roamed the earth. It made him want to cry.

"Tyler Friesen?" The voice made him want to shiver. He turned around to see a fairly tall man, he had deathly pale skin and pure black hair. He carried a large scythe with him and wore a white dress shirt with black dress pants, tie and shoes. On his head were two curled horns and on his back were pure black wings. What stood out to the brunette was the man's bright blue eyes.

Both their eyes widened as they were both flooded with colour. Tyler's mouth fell open, his eyes never leaving the man in front of him.

"You've got to be kidding me..." The man's voice trailed off, his scythe had fallen to the ground soundlessly.

Tyler's eyes filled with tears as a large smile spread across his face, he didn't bother to wipe them away, letting them fall freely.

"Took you long enough."