Chapter 3: Black and Black

.
.
.
.
.

"Your name is Rei?" An old man's voice asked as he sipped his tea across the little girl. They were left by the matron of the orphanage but the one that little world traveller was concerned of the most was the third person with them in the room.

"Yes." After she answered the older man her gaze landed to the one who was sitting beside her. "Uhm. Takeshi-san, why are you here?"

The older boy smiled at her and looked at the man with respect. "I was called by Danzo-sama here as well."

'Danzo-sama? Is he being scouted for ROOT?' Her internal turmoil was being proven correct and it made sense in every possible way. "Danzo-sama?" She asked innocently.

"That would be me." The old man finally introduced himself. "I am Danzo Shimura, I am part of the Konoha Council and the leader of ROOT, an organization I lead which pars with the elite ANBU's."

Rei remained quiet as he spoke. 'I am just three years old Danzo, are you serious? He also openly mentioned ROOT, which means he's possibly trying to recruit Takeshi and I.' "'That so. Uhm... Then you're friends with Sanjii-chan?"

Danzo cocked an eyebrow with the use of the name of the Hokage. But Rei could picture that he was frowning inside. "If you are referring to the Hokage then yes, we are long term friends in our active shinobi days."

"Why is Sanjii-chan not here? I miss him." Rei pouted frowning intentionally at the old man in front of her. 'Come on Danzo, you won't like a whiny child won't you?' "Could you tell him me and Naruto wants to see him soon?" She grinned mentally cheering for the taunt she did.

Danzo's eyes narrowed at the mention of her friend's name, even Takeshi tensed at Naruto's name. "So Hiruzen still visits that thing." He muttered.

Rei scowled at his response. "Naruto is a person not a thing."

"Uh... Rei, you're friends with him?" Takeshi asked nervously.

Rei nodded happily and halted. 'Ah, Danzo might take me away from here since he doesn't want any positive influence on Naruto. He possibly on sees Naruto as a weapon.' "I mean we're in the same building so I'm always with him. Why call him a thing, he's a boy is he not?" She turned to the old man in front of her. "People always avoids him so I felt sorry." 'Sorry, Naruto. I need to keep a face and make sure I stay by your side I just do hope you're not listening behind the door like all those misunderstanding crap in anime.'

Danzo remained silent and just turned his attention to Takeshi. "So, boy? Have you thought about my offer? You have potential to be strong and protect our village."

'Woah, he completely glossed me over.'

Takeshi was about to answer when Rei interrupted. "What offer?"

Rei saw a smirk from Danzo like she was baited. "It is about a training I have for young shinobis such as yourselves to be part of my organization. Be part of ROOT. I have already scouted Takeshi here before, and now I want his answer."

*Ah. I see, now he's trying to scout the next 'young shinobi' which is me.' "You could do that? How about the school? The Ninja Academy?" She asked.

Danzo only scoffed at her words. "Those who graduates at that academy couldn't even par to the strength of the shinobis trained under me." Then he stared down at the young child in front of him. "You? Do you want to be strong? To protect the village?"

'Goodness, are you really asking a three year old that? Of course they would say yes. That's every children want in this time, it's not yet an era of peace in this word after all.' To the surprise of both male in the room the girl shook her head.