𝐨 𝐧 𝐞

Its been almost 3 weeks since the wedding.

My mind still drifting to Elliot now and again.

Thinking of  the way my body molded perfectly with his . How soft his lips felt against mine. And how his stare alone set my body on fire.

But thinking of a man who has a reputation for whoring around won't get me anywhere. I refuse to be the girl caught up in a guy that only thinks of her as a conquest.

I am so much more than that.

"Good Morning Ms.Madison. Your breakfast is in the fridge."

"Ugh Maria you are a gift sent from heaven, and it's Madison. Enough with the formailies, you are family. Always have been and always will be. " I said, throwing her air kisses shuffling my way into the kitchen.

Maria is my housekeeper and cook. She practically became our second mom when our parents died.

She kept Lily when I went to school and work while always making  sure we had food on the table.

I owe that woman my life and so much more.

"I will eat it on the way to work, because as of now, I am late".

I took a quick shower, washing my hair along the way.

I dressed myself in a black button blazer dress. Matched with a Gucci belt, clear d'orsay heels, and my black Gucci purse.

I straightened my hair, then slicked it back in a low ponytail as fast as I could but still managing to make it look professional and neat.

After checking myself in the mirror, I made my way to the kitchen to grab my breakfast.

"Maria! I'm leaving. Have a good day, love you"

I screamed walking into the elevator hoping she heard me.

It took only a couple of seconds for the elevator to reach the garage floor.

Walking out, I took my car key off the rack and made my way to my Mercedes.

The drive to my building was only 15 minutes.

I always take 2 minutes to stop and admire the kingdom that I've built. Sometimes I feel as if  it's all a dream.

Stepping in, traveling towards my office I was greeted with multiple "good mornings" and smiles.

My workplace was a happy environment, most of the time. My employees only feared me when I was mad.

I don't like slackers. I only hire the best of the best and I expect everyone who receives a check with my name on it to work up to my standards.

"Good Morning Madison! Your sister is in your office. You guys had a meeting at 9:00 to discuss the charity event. You have a board meeting at noon, and then a couple of contracts to look over." My assistant stands, filling me in.

"Shit" I curse to myself, instantly remembering that I had an early meeting with Lily that I forgot about.

I'm always organized, so this is a first for me.

"Ok. Thank you Gabby, I appreciate it." I say giving her a genuine smile

Lily's back is turned to me when I walk in. Although she hasn't turned around, I know she knows I'm here.

"Lily, I'm sorry that I was late. We still have some time to discuss some arrangements. Plus to make it up to you, I can have an intern  grab a açaí bowl for you." I say making my way to face her.