}five{

TW: bullying/ homophobia / slurs

We walked through the halls hand in hand, mutually deciding not to care what people thought anymore.
"Have fun in class!" Mary said slowing letting go of my hand.
"Thank you, you too!!" i replied with watching as she skipped down the hall, gosh i love her.
I step into class receiving the usual stares, nothing too out of the ordinary, it wasn't until halfway through class during our break when things were different.
"hey what's up dyke you got answers?" i heard one of the football guys yell towards me. I decided to keep my eyes down on my phone, messaging Mary who also happened to be on break.
'ignore them sweetheart, i have to go now, but i love you remember xx'
She really did know how to make me feel better.
~
Later in class i began to work on an essay, i was typing on the school laptop when the teacher momentarily left the class room.
I could hear faint laughing behind me, not thinking much of it, i continued along with my work, that is until one of them came up to me recording on snapchat.
"hahaha look at the dyke" he chuckled along with his buddies.
i cannot let this get to me, so i ignored it once again.
~
class was finally over. I wasted no time to get out of the class and to meet up with Mary.
"how was class sweetheart?" i heard spoken softly from behind me.
"oh! there you are, and i suppose the same as always, but it really doesn't matter what they think anymore, i have you."
~
Authors note:
In all honesty, some of this was based on real events. If this is happening to you, i know every adult says this, but please tell someone. I told someone and yes i was scared at first but i couldn't be happier with my decision!
Remember to eat and drink water, and to stay safe <3